or Connect

Posts by Keeping up

I am not a car seat tech - but am Cdn - and have faced the same issues as you - tall baby and a reluctance to go against the 32" rule on the Radian and Marathon seats. I chose to ignore the 'rule' (but I do follow the weight limit). Based on my research, it is pretty common to ignore it. Based on everything I have read, insurance won't be an issue - and it won't be a denial of care/coverage - perhaps a denial of a replacement carseat (which is covered under car...
My first had a head circumference of 15.4cm or 39 cm - it was beautiful and round (but it was a forcep delivery because of heart decels). She was a petite little thing otherwise though - 7lbs. 2oz. I make babies with really big heads. Her cousin at 9lbs. 13oz. had a smaller head. The other babies - weighed more but basically fell out at birth - she paved the way with her big noggin!
I have posted this a few times - but my son, now almost 3, wore a helmet for three months. If your kiddo needs it - I would recommend it as it is so not a big deal to wear a helmet. I blogged a bit about it. http://somewhere-close-to-home.blogs.../Plagiocephaly If the case is mild, and the closest centre is a long way off for you - and it would cause issues having to do the commute for treatment - I would think twice. My location was just a few subway stops away -...
Anyone have hearing loss on one side and a lot of ringing. I went to a screening about two weeks ago - and they did a hearing test (just part of the testing - no know issues prior to that) and it was noted that I had hearing loss in one ear. I hadn't noticed. Now - 10 days later I have noticeable hearing loss, a dull ache and a lot of ringing. I even have tingling in my hand on the left side (same side as the ear). Just wondering if anyone has had something...
I found 2 to 3 not so bad - and #3 was born when #1 was 3.6yrs and #2 was almost 2 - so little ones. I found it not so bad, that when #3 was 8 months old I was preggers again. Like the pp said - everything just gets way way busier. If you sat down now, think fondly upon this time - it really doesn't happen when #3 (or #4) arrive. I think it is awesome to have so many. 3 carseats in a normal car can be a challenge - so it may be time for a new car.
I think it is all about routine. I have four (my eldest is 6, then 4, 2 and 1). I remember having issues on 'how do you manage' when I only had 1 and worked full time. Now I have four, and work full time - and had a partner that travelled out of town every other week. It was a bit over the top, especially at bedtime (since I am not around the rest of the day!). I would take one toddler on in a flash. (Going grocery shopping with only 2 - whatever combo you want -...
My son was born in June 2007. I posted a few months ago that non-verbal babes was no big deal especially if they understand and babble. My son has awesome comprehension - complex multi-facet directions, the boy can follow. He will also problem solve to get it all finshed. However, he doesn't say a word. He babbles at lot - has entire conversations - just not a word in there at all. At the ped appointment (first one since he was 7 months old), she suggested we may...
Thanks for the above now, for another question - if we had no reaction to the dtap + (we have had two), would we be at risk for a reaction with the third round? I am not sure Ontario seperates the MMR without having to pay out of pocket (the combo vax are free) and special order. [Not sure on the above] The MMR is the one I am the most leary of - but will do it eventually - so, is 16 months as good a time as any.
I just posted a thread re the dtap and MMR - in Ontario where I live, it is standard at the 18 month appointment. So, the combo in itself is 'acceptable' to the medical professionals. I think that may be the combo we get on Monday.
Not sure I can offer much advice ... - can you protect the baby from him (i.e. a baby cage, obviously I don't like them either) in the short-term while you work on his behaviour - can you give him more directed attention and/or directed play ideas such that he doesn't get any ideas - can you give him just a ton more excercise, free play time outside to tire him out or other activities outside of the home - does he have aggressive tendencies when playing with peers...