or Connect

Posts by Keeping up

... FYI - not new around here, but changed my user name as it was just obvious who I was. I am not sure if anyone I work with hangs around here, but just wanted a bit of anonimity (which I can't spell). I was AnnD - an infrequent poster but regular visitor. My 16 month old is way way behind on his vaccinations. I am pro-vaccination but to be honest am a bit leary that I have had it so good with four extremely healthy, bright, fun kiddos that I didn't want to go to...
Out of curiousity, are the cake mixes with the partially hydrogenated crap or is it dairy products that are causing the transfats? I was so discouraged whenI saw the cake mixes with the transfats but didn't look to see if it was partially hydro... or dairy. I did find the organic mixes without trans fats - but it tasted horrid.
I let our dd (6 yrs) have a random sip on weekends. My dh and I have a drink every night - on a light night, it is one glass of wine other nights it is a bottle between the two of us (so 2 glasses ish) of wine. I have no issues doing it - helps me sleep better, and unwind after a very stressful day (I am a WOHM in a time pressure job). It adds calories and expenses so we are contemplating cutting back - but not because of it is alcohol content. Excercise would be...
I think it is a great idea to labor at home and go fairly late in the game. The only downfall ... I found, was the car ride is incredibly painful if you are well advanced, and the walk from the parking garage a bit long. I made it to the hospital with 15 minutes to spare with my third (and was home 2 hours later). With my fourth, I was worried about the car ride (it hurt more than just labor ... every bump, yikes!) I made it at 1:30am, waited until my husband...
Quote: Originally Posted by shesaidboom I'm in Toronto, Canada. It's a brand new thing this year, and I'm not sure if it's in all schools or just the ones I'm familiar with. I'm in Toronto too - so a brand new policy. My oldest is in Grade 1 - so don't have any experience. My JK (4.5 years) gets a small reader every M/W/F. I am not worried about my kids know the material (I don't suspect any gaps.) so am overjoyed by no homework. I...
So have been reading a few threads about math homework (the Saxon thread) and the various comments about worksheets for math. I will assume other homework is sent home as well. My school district has a no homework policy through Grade 2 (maybe grade 3 ... my eldest is in Grade 1 - so we defintely don't have homework). WE don't do any homework during the week. I create a few excercises for the older pair (grade 1 and junior kindie) on the weekend if we get rangy. I...
I write a cheque a x-mas for the holiday season party. The whole crew of staff go out for a holiday meal and I put money towards it. I had three kiddos in the daycare and there is a lot of support staff that i don't interact with directly every day - so this benefits everyone. I did gift cards the first year - but thought this was better. I will do the same this year, even though I will no longer at the daycare after the end of the month. They have been awesome.
Tantrums - we got them good. Seanie will storm off, stomps his feet and circles the kitchen a few times in a huff ... typically after I take him off the table, where he really likes standing (he climbs up there). I have had three head bangers before him so I expect him to follow his siblings and be a head banger yet. I remember my daughter (the quiet soul she is & was) at 18 months doing these push back back slamming, head smashing throws on the ground. The tantrums...
Quote: Originally Posted by amnda527 Thanks mamas! I'm not worrying as much, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the birth thing. Me and dh will have to talk and think about it some more! I didn't know either with #4 so didn't make up my mind, really, until I was in labour. DH said no way to a homebirth (which was completely exepcted, and previously discussed - so no biggie) and I had my aunt/uncle on call. They were called at...
My baby is your babe's birthday buddy ... and doesn't say a word. Well, unless 'meow' counts. I am not worried - he is the fourth, he understands everything we say (actually it is quite amazing how much he understands). He doesn't sign either but that is because I have done any signing. We seem to know exactly what he needs by pointing (or heck just going and getting his own plate - fourth kid thing!) I am convinced this baby will talk when is darn good and ready....