or Connect

Posts by Keeping up

Quote: Originally Posted by EVC Wonder where the mother is in this story, though. Maybe the father is a recent widower who just couldn't cope financially, physically, or psychologically? If so, I wish he could have gotten some support before he resorted this extreme.... I read the brief article on CNN (very confusing) but it stated that the mother passed away 17 months ago of a brain aneurysm (or something akin) shortly after the birth of the...
In Canada, we have pretty much a zero tolerance policy for car accidents and car seats - minor fender bender is an accident and insurance will replace your carseat. ... now assuming someone hit you, call your insurance. If you hit someone else, then it mightn't be worth it to go through insurance - it will just cost you more in the long run. Whether you want to replace would be your call at that point. I was in a minor fender bender in May - someone hit us. They...
I know I respond to a fair few of your posts - and that I may come across as exceptionally pro-daycare (and take it or leave approach to daycare). I believe you are Cdn - and I will assume you don't live in BC where the weather is more moderate all year round ... In six weeks, it isn't going to make one bit of difference. The weather turns poor quite quickly - and the little ones at your babe's age won't even be spending much time outside at the park. The ground...
Climbing - yikes. We are still in a crib. I would imagine he will move into a bed closer to his 2nd birthday. We had bunk beds (until Seanie started climbing the ladder) and so the 2 year old has a full size bed with complete built-in bed rails. It is like a toddler bed at Pottery Barn but full size - I love it. Seanie will get that bed in the new year. Words - I am a really laid-back momma (with four kiddos) so don't even notice Seanie doesn't say one word, not...
Wanted to figure this out myself 1 Peg Perego baby bucket - $200 1 Roundabout - $200 (ish) - CAnada so pretty expensive 3 Marathons - $250x 3 = $750 1 Graco Cargo - $180 1 Century thing - $150 2 Frontiers - $600 2 Radian Premiers - $500 1 Parkway - $150 Some estimates in there ... but the grand total is $2,730. The two frontiers and 2 radians were payed for by the 'crasher' of our accident (done privately without insurance - but would have otherwise been...
I use to spend time in the baby room when my babes' were that age. My DC had no issue with us hugging and holding other babies. The children become very attached to all the parents especially if they spend many years at the same daycare. I had this odd little attachment with this one little guy who never went to anyone - the dc gals were always so surprised when he would butt his way through the little ones to sit in my lap. Half the time, my little ones wouldn't...
I think daycares do drop people (or at least won't make the system work for them very easily or accomodate special requests). However, I don't think the reasons you mentioned would do it at my daycare as I guess they are pretty AP. I think what floors them with 'those' parents - are the ones who demand unusual schedules that aren't standard for the daycare (napping - don't let my child sleep more than xyz minutes), demanding reviews of the day, superior attitudes...
Would you think of a Britax Frontier? I know they are pricey but with another one behind this little one, you will have a fair bit of time in an expensive carseat. (I think they are $299 in Canada.) I have a 6 year old who is maybe 42lbs. and maybe 42inches in a Britax Frontier (and her 4 year old brother, same weight, slightly shorter as well). I like the seat. I never had an issue installing it (except latch). At 40lbs and 5 years, and in Canada (not sure...
I am a working mom of four little kiddos (6, 4, 2 and 1). This swim term I decided not to enrol the older pair (or the younger pair - but they just don't swim yet) in organized swimming lessons. I could take them at 1:30pm for a 30 minute swim lesson or I could take both of them for an hour of free public swim at 2pm (same pool end of the street). We went yesterday for the first time and had a blast playing tag, me pulling the noodles around the pool (decent...
I would focus more on how they manage family life (many filippinos are mothers too) in their environment - but with the intention of determining how you like that method in your home. Describe meals they like to make for families, sleep routines, discipline approach etc. I would ask about whether they have worked with our western families (some nannies have worked in Hong Kong) as culturally the filippino way is different than the Cdn way (obviously). In addition,...