or Connect

Posts by Keeping up

I have a lot of questions about french immersion as well - I got some answers from parents but mainly went on gut instinct and sent my children to the local public english school. My thoughts are likely uninformed and perhaps tremendously biased as I went to FRENCH school (and not french immersion - all french, no english at all until grade5 when I went) from Grade 3 until Grade 10. I am anglophone and had never spoken a word of french prior to the all french school....
Hey Wombat You did solve the issue - I have wanted to go to Dinosaur BBQ for a few years. (we have a cookbook). I will find a hotel in Syracuse and book it (OK - we leave tomorrow, so really no choice at this point!) It is just a stop on the way through to Maine so don't need much entertainment - a hotel, a dinner, a pool and a breakie! Can't wait to go on vacation.
Sometimes I think I did a drug free birth (my last two births - first two were with epidurals) just to say I did it - then I got to go home from the hospital 2 hours later (homebirth was out the question for my husband - and I respected that). My epidural experiences were OK but the docs were bland - but the natural with the midwives was so much better and memorable. And home food is so much tastier. Just thought I should add - I am not pregnant.
Ooops - now that I think of it - I think it is Utica and I don't think anyone lives inUtica off this board. Sorry
Three kiddos to bed (and the little one went earlier). I should be folding laundry. I have to say bedtime with four really is very easy. I have these babes on one awesome routine and I get not an ounce of flak for bedtime. I would be utterly nuts (since I am alone every other week) if bedtime was a wild experience! We are off on vacation soon - and I think our first leg will be to Syracuse/Ithica (from Toronto) - our second leg is to Maine. I am not looking...
I am here - but this is just a bump. After I put the next three kiddos to bed, I am hoping to be back. (My husband is travelling - four kiddos to be alone is a bit of a challenge.) Wish me luck and see you soon. Who lives near Ithica?
I don't think I would want my kidlets at a daycare where they would contemplate terminating because of rear facing as the only point of contention - makes no sense. On the other hand, I would switch my kiddo if I had no other choice, the travel time would be limited and they could go ffwd facing - then I would find another provider. Daycare is impossible to find here - so if no daycare, no work - so forward facing at 15 months wouldn't be a deal breaker (my...
Quote: Originally Posted by riverscout I think only someone with excellent organizational and/or packing skills could ask such a question. Consider yourself lucky. It makes me break out into a sweat just thinking about packing for a 2 week vacation at a rental beach house 10 hours form home for 8 kids. And she brought all their food...as in meal planned and prepped food for 2 weeks for 10 people! : I practically had a panic attack watching...
I don't do vitamns - don't believe in the multi-vitamins. I do take Vit D - and nibble on Vit C because they are tasty. If my husband is dishing up vitamins, I take a multi as well - just because it is handed to me on a plate. I don't do vitamins for the little ones - my husband does. I don't like the sugar in them - and really don't think they will add much for my healthy crew.
I have four little ones - so my own little study. My eldest was in daycare by 5 months and stopped breastfeeding shortly thereafter (I am horrible at working/breastfeeding/pumping). She is my healthiest - very very few colds/fevers and no ear infections. She has stayed the healthiest of all them. She was likely vax'ed to the day of each of her requirements. [I am much more lax now!] The second was breastfed until 11 months but started daycare at 7 months (he...