or Connect

Posts by Keeping up

Thanks everyone - I feel better already. I went to the park on Monday (long weekend in Canada) and had a ton of fun with the kiddos (sans bebe!). I laughed and walked and talked and just had fun - not stressing about home (we just moved), or work at all. Just watched in awe as the kiddos let their crocs float down the water park riverlets. This week too - just not worrying about the small stuff and listening, laughing and rolling on the floor. I still am not great...
Been having a bit of a guilt trip recently ... my kiddos are excited when the nanny arrives because she is so much fun. She gets down to their level and plays heartily with them. I spend as much time with the gang as I can (I work full time and then try to keep the house up ... somewhat - home cook meals, clean laundry but not necessarily folded, my husband works out of town every other week) . However, I don't have laugh your pants off fun with my kiddos. I love...
Another mom with four - eldest is six, and babe is almost 14 months. I sometimes roll my eyes at how much I have to do - but you know what -reading some of the posts about allergies (would put me over the edge), health issues, learning issues etc. and it really is a piece of cake. (I know how good I have got it ...) However - I work full time out of the house so have a big support network - nanny & cleaning service so I just play on the weekend (well almost - I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by veganf Yeah that. We start the same routine for all of them around 6 months old, and usually by a year old they just put themselves to sleep without any trouble at all. ... that is because you have four kiddos!!!! A lacklustre routine and four kiddos would spell disaster. I agree with what everyone has said (I have four kiddos so laying down for 2 hours with one of them is not really an option - especially since...
My 13 month old is a wheezy little man today. He is my fourth and all three before had bronchiolitis (they had been daycare babies) - and if I remember correctly, the symptoms are identical. So ... what do I do on a long weekend with limited walk-ins open for a viral (likely very minor) infection. He is wheezing significantly and his breathing is very fast. He may have a very very low grade fever (I don't have a themometer by choice). He isn't eating a lot but...
At my daycare, there is a mandated nap time (Nursery Act ...not sure if it is provincial or federal ... i am in Ontario). The do need to lie down but if they won't nap/sleep/remain quiet they are taken to a different play area. Whenever I look at the schedule - almost all kiddos sleep (i would say all but there is always one who isn't a napper that day). However - this is a 5 day a week daycare and the kiddos start early (7:30-8:00) and it is located at a workplace so...
A little bit different - I have two dishwashers and it is awesome. I am not sure I would have too laundry rooms but did think about about two washing machines in one place (centralize folding and dirty laundry).
I would have to ask my mom for how long I was left 'alone' while she slept. I know for sure I was 5 years old(maybe 4-6 yrs then, on again, off again) when my day worked an office job during the day and my mom was an er nurse at night. She would come home in the morning (sometimes we even did the car switcheroo half way to work) and I played while she slept for a few hours. I think it was likely 2 day a week only (she didn't work full time - and I was 1 day...
I looked into this last fall prior to kindie registration - and found website (maybe toronto district school board site - can't find it now) that required a notarized form (the form was on the website). As an aside - here is an article from June '08 indicating something similar. http://www.thestar.com/article/437301 BTW - I don't agree with the article but does support the notion of a notarized exemption. It would be interesting whether any other Ontario...
I have had three constipated babies ... all around this 12-17 months of age period. I pushed a lot of prunes in the jar (and apricots/pears) with the first two. With the third - we haven't ever done a puree (save one day of prune puree because of constipation) but are pushing raisins, prunes (cut up), lots of water and tons tons tons of blueberries (my newest weapon). I sometimes think they are just constipated for a few weeks -not pleasant to watch but my...