or Connect

Posts by greenmom17

Thank you both for your thoughtful answers and the book recommendation.  I will look into the book at our library and definitely bring this up with our psych next week.   Stik that's really interesting and good to know about the therapies for ADHD and OCD so different.  I had no idea but will keep it in mind when I talk to her doctor.   I appreciate your time! :)
My almost 9yo dd told me last night that she thinks she's stupid or crazy because she apologizes to everything in her mind, all the time.  Last night she was having trouble getting a shirt on a hanger and she threw the shirt on ground, then said sorry to the shirt (in her mind).  She got mad and then stomped her foot on the ground - and said sorry to the slipper and thought she hurt it and it needed an icepack - the slipper that is...she is a very smart little girl who...
My 3rd child is 25 months old, and I suspect she has some sensory issues like her siblings.  She doesn't have the best coordination, but since this summer she has been lying down on the ground suddenly for a few minutes - wherever we are - mostly in our house or in the front yard, or at a relatives house.  I figured it to be a calming sensation for her, but someone today asked if it could be seizures?   Just wondering if this is a toddler thing, a sensory processing...
We have a small dining room off the kitchen which I'd like to set up as a homework room for my 2 (7 & 5) kids. It's still close enough to the hub of the house - the kitchen - but still be a dedicated place to sit and read, color, homework, crafts....whatever. I'd love to see pictures and hear ideas on if you have a room like this! I have an Ikea nearby and a budget of a couple hunderd dollars, and a very handy husband Thank you!!!
My oldest dd is 7.5, and is beautiful, smart and the single most competitive person I've met in my life. *Everything* is a competition - she always has to be first, be the best, be the fastest, etc. Especially with her brother (4), who has some sensory issues, speech issues and is much less coordinated and athletic than she is. He ADORES her, and she eats it up. She is good to him - they are always playing together, they cheer eachother on, but she must win or she...
No ideas, but I like to check out these blogs for ideas! http://www.younghouselove.com/ http://www.thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/ http://itsthelittlethingsthatmakeaho....blogspot.com/
Thank you both for your opinions. Can I ask you a few questions? Are your pa kids contact sensitive? At what age would you be comfortable with them sitting at a regular table? mama1803, our school district only allows inhalers for asthma to be carried on the person, as it is "life saving." Duh, what is an epipen? Are your kiddos wearing Medic Alert bracelets as well? DD just outgrew hers and we need to replace it. Just curious. Thanks again
DD will be entering 2nd grade in a few weeks. She has peanut/tree nut allergies which require an epipen to be on hand in the nurse's office. She has not had a reaction since she was 3yrs, but that one was anaphylactic and required an epipen immediately. Last year she sat at a peanut-free table with one other girl - who happens to be our next door neighbor (also PA). They are good friends, but neighbor girl is ALWAYS coming over - every day, all day. Anyway, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by carolinagirl1 Check the requirements in your state. In my state, the requirements are: 2 doses of measles, 1 dose of mumps, and 1 dose of rubella. Since my daughter already had one MMR, we only did a titer for measles (not mumps or rubella), and she was immune to measles so now she is up to date on measles, mumps, and rubella. If your state has the same requirements, you could do that and not worry about the titers for mumps...
7.5 years exactly! She's 48" and 56lbs