or Connect

Posts by MittensKittens

Thanks for your thoughts, again. You seem like a really caring person. I might direct her here so she can find out more. She would be concerned about the side effects of the abortion pill, for sure, but I haven't heard that this is even an option where we live. Perhaps it's best that she sees a TCM practitioner, who has the qualifications to give proper advice about herbal abortion. 
Thanks for your honest answer. I totally agree with your comments — my friend is extremely weary of outside intervention and scared of doctors. Her, whatever you call him, is also against her seeking advice from doctors or anyone except the local lay midwife. This is probably because he wants total control over her.    Yes, surgical abortion can be a risky affair, especially where we live. It can lead to infection, cervical damage, or punctures in the uterus. I wouldn't...
This appears to be the most suitable place to post this question. I am NOT looking to start a debate and am personally pro-life, but here goes. A good friend of mine has two children with her abusive.... partner/ex/on-off boyfriend and just discovered she is pregnant with a third. She asked me to lend her my copy of Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year, because I lent it to her before and she remembers there is a section on how to carry out herbal abortion. She...
  I am so sorry! Is your son OK now, or did he suffer long-term damage? Did you report the reaction?
Oh, and if someone here suffered an adverse reaction to a vaccine or has a child who did so, then I'd love to hear from you. 
As a non-vaxxer, I've been asked to produce an article about the dangers of vaccines for a local parenting magazine — or rather, half an article, really. Someone else is writing a portion about the risks of not vaccinating, so this is going to be really interesting.   I'm asking for your help, because I don't have a lot of time (a few days to a week) to complete the article and it's been a while since I've looked at vaccine stuff. The article focuses on measles...
I can (kind of) understand being concerned about the environment, even though larger families often make wiser and more conscious choices that make their carbon foot print smaller. I can't understand being judgmental about how much time parents have for individual kids. How does she know what goes on in X family? No inside insight = no right to judge, I think.
I'm sorry I can't give you any opinions about Connections, which we don't use. I'd be very interested to hear about your experience with K12 and how it compared to a classical education at home, though. Would you mind sharing? I'm interested in the quality of education, and how much supervision it requires. Does it free up a lot of your time? We're classical here, but I will be working more (from home) in the future and I would value your input, especially because you...
  Ah, I see your point. Thanks for elaborating, because the author of the linked article says that "kids are not ready before 6 or 7". That is just too much of a generalization. Of course play is enormously important. I'd say most kids have about 10-12 waking hours in a day. That would give them plenty of opportunity to do a little bit of reading and perhaps other academic stuff (for, like, 10 min) as well as to play for most of the day. IF they want to. I'm not talking...
  I don't like the sticker method either. But you probably acknowledge that reading can bring immense joy, and that reading doesn't have to happen for hours at a time, or while sitting still all the time?