or Connect

Posts by RaelynsMama

Great thread! My daughter is 26 months right now, and she loooves her milk! We've always called it milk, but my sister nurses and calls it having a "boob." Since DD heard that, she has put things in her shirt and proudly said, Boobs Mama! She likes to nurse her dolls or have me nurse them. We also shower together, and a few months ago, I was washing my hair and I guess she appreciated the movement because she looked at me, laughed and said "SHAKE THOSE BOOBS, MAMA!" I was...
Hi all - sorry in advance if any of this slips into the TMI category but I thank you all for reading and any advice that you can offer. I found out I was pregnant on May 29th, 2009. I was several days late and took a test and surprise! Postive. The next night at 10 pm, I experienced about an hour of light bleeding which was red in color. There was some residual brown the following day. I had my blood counts tested and they were fine. My midwife and I discussed the...
My name is Carolyn, I'm expecting my second child in late January, based on an online due date calculator, I'm due around January 29th, 2010.
I know a lot of these have already been said, but I can't remember which... so, here it goes! Sola Luna Azalea Chamomilla Belladonna Bella Tallulah Wisteria Dhalia Hyacinth Hydrangia Flower Hazel Forsythia Gardenia Freesia Magnolia Marigold Lavender Lilac Nieva - Nee-A-vah - snow in Spanish Rosa - Rose in Spanish Senna Sienna Sage Vanilla Star Estrella - es-TRE-yah - Star in...
My dd will be turning 2 January 9th 2010 and my new one is due January 29th 2010. I'm definitely subbing to this thread, I can use all the advice I can get!
Turns out I'm pregnant! I just took a test today, 2 lines. One a little faint, but there. I'll retest in the morning. I'm ... happy. Nervous. I guess I'm very mixed about it. Happy and sad all at once. The timing isn't really right for us, I just finished my co-requisites and I'm set to start my actual nursing courses in the fall. I don't know if I'll be able to now. Raelyn is still nursing. She's only 16 months. I want to keep nursing her, and co sleeping with her,...
I just thought of this thread the other day... anyone want to start it back up?
I seem to get a lot of discrimination from doctors and nurses too, (as well as the general public), but once anyone gets to talk to me, they see how well researched and thought out my opinions are. I have a question, as a young mom, do you find you sometimes still have that "Wow she's young" reaction to seeing another young mom? As much as I am against judging and discrimination, occasionally I still find myself making snap judgments. For example, the other day I saw a...
It is indeed shingles. He went to the doctor yesterday. Thank you for the information. If dd has been exposed, so be it! I guess time will tell....
A few days ago, DH was complaining that his rib hurt, he wondered whether he might have pulled a muscle or something, but there was no brusing. A day or so later, a painful rash erupted. It has red, raised bumps, some of which are open and contain pus. I've searched google for symptoms and matching pictures and it looks like it could be shingles. He thinks he already had the chickenpox but he's not sure. He has no other symptoms (i.e. fever, chills, etc.) He refuses to go...