or Connect

Posts by RaelynsMama

Quote: Originally Posted by Aleo Hi!!!! I havent been able to post since the year began. My health has been going downhill. That I barely have enough energy to take care of my own DS. Anyway, I've been feeling better these days and im way behind in my mothering readings Wow, I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling well, I hope everything is okay, and I'm glad to see you are feeling better! and healthy vibes :
Mammal mama, that is very insightful. I do give my sister the benefit of the doubt a lot but without going into too much detail, a lot of her personal qualities and some of her parenting philosophies are very out of line with how I am and how I raise DD. I do try to let others live and let live, but occasionally I do speak my feelings, and you are right that I should be more careful about what I say and how I say it. It irritates me when she makes comments about me or my...
Thank you
No she doesn't have a lot of money and they aren't trying to compete, but my sister still feels like the other children get plenty of gifts from their mother and other relatives. In fact, that was the justification she used from school shopping when she spent way more money on J. And J's father is in the picture and pretty involved, and he pays child support, but supposedly, he doesn't contribute much in the way of gifts and clothes which is one of the reasons why she...
I've been pretty lucky to avoid a lot of the naysayers, surprisingly. I'm actually pretty shocked at the moment thinking of how few I've encountered. Luckily, my mother and sister are both very pro-breastfeeding, so that helps a bit, I think. Although my mother still claims that DD will sleep better with food that will "stick to her ribs." I do feed her solids, she just prefers her food from the tap I think the person that I've dealt with the most opposition from was...
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad The gifts don't worry me as much as her being favoured over the other kids in the family. If her parents that obviously play favourites, then can you really blame the oldest for having behavioural problems? No doubt he knows that he's not as important to dad and step mom as his step sister and I wouldn't be to shocked if his younger sister followed the same path. That is extremely insightful, and while it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smylingeyz Hi! I want to jump in! I'm 22, DD is eleven months now... I'm from southern NH and right now DH is going to school south of Boston, so due to work I live in NH w my family on weekdays and go home to see DH on the weekends. Anyone near me by any chance? I haven't read most of this thread yet, but I love it already! Smylingeyz, I am from Southern NH too! I live in the Concord area. I''m in nursing school...
Julie128, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble with these girls. I'm sure every idea that I'm about to list you've already tried, so I apologize in advance. If it were me going in there, I'd talk about how much healthier it is to breastfeed, maybe give some real world examples about breastfed children vs. formula fed. I'd play up the bonding aspect and talk a little bit about "attachment" and secure attachment vs. insecure attachment, and how much it...
Thank you everyone for all of the replies. I feel much better knowing that I'm not alone in the way that I feel. I do think that I'm going to make a point in the future to take the children out to make them feel special. At the party, I took M aside and told her how much I cared about how and what a wonderful girl she was, but I'd like to extend that into a special outing. I talked to my mother today about how I felt it was unfair to the other children and she said she...
sadly, the tv in her room is for her video games. The one on one time sound nice... I wish there was a way to just take M to do something special, but then that wouldn't be fair to the other two.