or Connect

Posts by RaelynsMama

Background info: My sister and her boyfriend started dating about 8 years ago. At the time, her daughter, J, was about 2, and his daughter, M, was about 1 and his son N was about 3. The three have more or less grown up together, although his two lived with their mother and various other relatives off and on until a couple years ago when my sister and their father got custody. The kids all get along pretty well, and are now 9, 10, and 11. They also now have a 14 month old...
Chinchen, I must confess I don't know much about Bradley aside from the little I've heard, but I suspect that hypnobirth, bradley, lamaze, etc. are all very similar. The idea of Hypnobirth is to put yourself into a deep state of relaxation, i.e. "self-hypnosis" it's pretty easy to do with a little practice. There are a few breathing and visualization techniques. Marie Mongan is the woman who created it and she wrote the "Hypnobirthing" book. Basically: visualize a smooth...
Yayjennie I'm so happy to hear you are doing well! And happy birthday! Chinchen, welcome. I've heard Bradley is a wonderful method, I used hypnobirth with my DD, and it worked well. I've heard they are pretty similar. Just keep thinking positively and your birth will be a positive experience. I'm sorry to hear about Charlie's nerve damage, I must confess I've never heard of that condition before. Is there any way (allopathic or alternative) to treat it or slow it down?
Poxybat, I'm in school right now. I'm taking a 2 year nursing program, but I'm stretching it out to 3 to do it VERY part time, so I can maximize my time with DD. I started last September, and I'm only taking 2 classes a semester, including this Summer, and then this Fall I'll start the nursing portion, which by itself is really intensive, so that's why I'm getting all of the other classes out of the way. And then all going well, I should graduate May 2011. It's not always...
I wish dp wanted another. He says, Noo way. Our 'compromise' is to "talk" about it in a few years. Which, is his way of buying himself a few years while he thinks of some really good excuses =/ I'm hoping once DD (1 year) is older, he will be more willing. I'm crossing my fingers... I visited my new baby cousin in the hospital today and the baby lust was in full force.
Serenekitten, lactation doesn’t usually happen so quickly, but it’s still an awesome sign! You’ll occasionally find drops or small yellow-ish stains on your clothes or bra, but it shouldn’t be anything beyond that until your milk comes in after the baby is born. If it bothers you, you can wear nursing pads. Good luck telling your mom, be strong! Simonsmama – Welcome. You are a great mom, and you want the best for your kids, and I know that because you are here on the...
Absolutely! DP and I were together for just over a year when I got pregnant, and although I love having Raelyn, I do miss being able to just go out on dates and have 'us' time (and *gasp* ME time - ... what's that?) we try to make an effort to get a baby sitter and have a date night every so often... so far it's been 3 times in the last year - once for our anniversary, once for xmas shopping and once for dd's birthday shopping. I've been out ONE time by myself that was not...
Actually, DH has just about always lived with his parents, he had an apt over their home when we got together, and I moved in after I graduated when I was pregnant. My mom ended up getting a divorce and our too small apt got smaller! We lived there until a few months ago, when ex my step father moved out of their old home and the four of us all moved in, but she's never really around, just to watch the baby while I go to school, mostly. She's usually either working or with...
[QUOTE=AFWife;13012517] "We'll see how long that lasts." or "Just wait until X happens." QUOTE] I HATE that!! I think I get it for different reasons from different people. Like, with my MIL - it's totally about her thinking her way is the best way and I'm crazy. Like, for example, I was never going to be able to have DD naturally or breastfeed, and co sleeping was just about the wrongest thing I could ever do and I needed to put her in a crib to cry it out, etc. etc....
Anybody have any favorite recipes to share?