or Connect

Posts by RaelynsMama

Hi everyone!! I haven't been on for a bit.. I've been busy with DD's 1st birthday! She just turned 1 a week ago so we had to plan the party and all that jazz, which, I might add, I could've completely done without! For all the pregnant ladies, I hope everything is going well and that you are all staying positive and healthy. Serenekitten, what a cute little bean! 1Littlebit, I'm so sorry and I'm sending all sorts of good and healing vibes your way. : And your Dr....
Wow! What an awesome thread!! I actually just had a thread going not too long ago about "unwanted BF weightloss" because I have this problem! I'm 5' and I've always been around 100-105 pounds. My pre-pregnancy weight was 102, which was a great weight for me, I was slender, but toned and healthy. I gained 35 lbs with dd (who just turned 1, yikes!) and I was back to 105 by 4 mths postpartum without doing a thing. the only problem was that the weight kept coming off, and off....
Well Chely, I'm sorry to say, I think it's just a typical male thing regardless of age. Traditionally, women handle the household and the children, and men handle the finances and "bringing home the bacon", and neither can ever seem to understand how the other feels or what they go through. My DH and I have had similar issues (and I'm willing to say 99.9% of couples have) and we actually just had a big talk last night and resolved SO many of them ...at least the recent...
Hi everyone! I've been MIA lately, and I'm terribly sorry. Things have been so busy with the holidays and DD's first birthday (1-9-09! WOW!) coming up. I've missed you all and hope you are all doing well, and I'm so pleased that this thread has taken off so well! Serenekitten, your life is your life, everyone chooses their happiness and I'm glad you've found yours. Everyone is free to love whomever they choose. Astraia, I'm so sorry to hear about your new years...
[QUOTE=nycmom18;12788426] also, is it just me, or isn't it difficult to make food for ourselves while we're constantly caring for our little one?? QUOTE] I feel the EXACT same way! It's so hard somtimes to take good care of ourselves while taking good care of them! =/ I know I use a lot of dairy to try to gain weight. I got the gist from your post that you're weary of allergens, but I use nuts a lot too. I would also reccommend orange juice, juice in general, bananas,...
Raelyn's name was something I made up out of a few different names. My maternal grandmother's name was Carolyn (Mae) and my mom's name is Karen (Mae). My paternal grandmother's name was Rose. I'm named Carolyn Rose after the two of them, and for DD, I combined Rose and Mae to get Rae, threw on a lyn, for Raelyn, and her middle name is Rose. I was 18 when I was pregnant, and I had her a few weeks before turning 19. I'm actually still 19, but I'll be 20 in a few weeks, so...
I love baby names! So, I have a question for everyone, how did you come up with your dc's name, and if you are pregnant, what names have you picked out or are you thinking about? Asoulunbound, welcome You have a beautiful dd.
We've been leaving dd (11 mths, late starter) diaperless while were at home so we can see her pee and we've been using diapers while out. Is there a way to help keep her warm? EC pants are expensive, and I know I could make my own, but she ends up peeing all over herself when she pees and I'd have to change her anyways, where as if she is naked from the waist down, it means less laundry we keep the heat up to about 68-70 or so, is this too cold for her? I know I feel cold...
Thank you for the encouraging posts ladies, they are very appreciated!
They sound delicious! I can't wait to try them, thank you!