or Connect

Posts by RaelynsMama

How do I fix this problem? I sit dd (11 mths, late starter) on the potty, I know she has to pee, we'll sit and read books or play for 5-10 minutes until she wants to get off, and then within 5 minutes she pees on the floor She knows that shes peeing because she'll look down and watch herself, I quickly put her back on the potty and say that this is where we go pee, and I clean up the floor in front of her. How do I help connect the two and get her to pee on there?
Quote: Originally Posted by TinyDancer1115 I relate to all you ladies. I had my son at 21 and felt so out of place with other mamas. I think that the experience gives you an incredible sense of compassion and open mindedness as you move through parenting. Now at 25, my friends are starting to think about motherhood and I am way in it, and feeling proud that I could do it the way all you ladies are and have; with an open heart. Much...
Sunshine1793, I would love those recipes! They do sound great and thanks for the advice. It's nice to know there are many others who have dealt with this issue successfully. Out of curiosity, in your cottage cheese smoothie, do the 'chunks' get whipped out or are you drinking them? Simplebean, thank your reply + support
New starter here! I've been using disposables exclusively because when dd was born I was in a small apt. with a shared laundry and DH and I felt it was better to just use disposables, I didn't realize there were so many implications and I do regret it now. Now we are in a bigger place with our own washer and dryer and I wanted to switch to cloth. I told my mom and she laughed and said I should just potty train her being she's already 11 months old and it'd be silly to...
Quote: Originally Posted by SimpleBean I'm sure you already know that a mother exclusively breastfeeding one baby burns 500-700 calories/day. That's like walking ~4 miles/day. It sounds like you've looked at your diet, and tried fattier foods. Are you snacking between meals? More importantly, are you eating when you're hungry? I have heard that some illnesses have the symptom of rapid weight loss. Not saying that you're "sick". How do you feel?...
Raelyn likes to wake me up several ways. she likes to play mama is a jungle gym, sometimes she babbles, sometimes she strokes me, or shakes me, but my favorite is when she gets up and lays her head down on me or wakes me up with kisses.
Thank you for your help. It just all feels so overwhelming! I feel like I'm trying to take a test that I haven't studied for, and my dd is a chubbers! I checked out gmd and wouldn't you know it, my father just called and asked what Raelyn needed for xmas... turns out, cloth diapers! Thank you again, your help was great and I can't wait to get some CDs... although I am considering maybe just trying some early potty training. Worth a shot, right?
Quote: Originally Posted by 1littlebit lol Raelynsmama i have taken so many tests sense ds was born! lol dp and i are paranoid. i would love to have another baby but dp isn't ready yet. plus my family would flip out. i wish i had a natural birth.. i got coerced (as in if you don't do this your son has a big chance of brain damage) into a completely unnecessary C-section... they told me my natural birth would be peachy... until 38 weeks when they...
I have an almost 11 mth dd and I would like to switch to cloth diapers. I should've used them from the beginning but I had a small apartment and a shared laundry at the time and dh wasn't comfortable with it. We do have our own place with a washer and dryer now, and I would like to make the big switch! I feel like cloth is a healthier choice for dd and for the environment. Now, the point of my post is to see if anyone can give me some suggestions on how to go about...
Wow, thank you everyone for al lof your ideas. This has really helped me a lot to see other people with similar issues and to see all of these great suggestions. I'm definitely going to the grocery store soon to pick up some goodies, and hopefully I'll be packing on the pounds!