or Connect

Posts by RaelynsMama

I'm having a problem with keeping weight on due to breastfeeding. I'm hesitant to tell anybody 'professional' (dr., nutritionist, etc.) for fear of the bf backlash. My mother and dh are on my case enough as it is about trying to gain weight. Here's the deal, I have a very petite frame, I was 5' and a pretty steady 102 lbs. before pregnancy. I had a hard time gaining weight and was even put on nutritional shakes until my 3rd trimester when the weight started coming on, I...
Thanks for the replies ladies! I just thought of something earlier while I was watching one of those birthing shows on tv (brings back memories!) ... What were your labors like? The reason I ask is because I had an (incredibly) easy labor and everyone always says, Oh, it's because you're so young, and I was wondering if maybe this is something that runs in my family, or if this is a myth created by older mamas (haha, just kidding) or if there is some fact hidden in...
My mom sent me this abd it gave me a laugh, just thought I'd share. Mothers Milk Students in an advanced Biology class were taking their mid-term exam. The last question was, 'Name seven advantages of Mother's Milk,' worth 70 points or none at all. One student in particular was hard put to think of seven advantages. He wrote: 1.) It is the perfect formula for the...
DD is 11 months old and I haven't had a single AF yet. Every so often I get mild-heavy cramping which lasts on and off for a few days, and I always expect it right around the corner (either that or another pregnancy!) but so far so good on both,
Hey there! I have an 11 mth old DD and I still haven't resumed a cycle. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've thought I was pregnant and how many times I've taken a pregnancy test, all of which, have been negative. One time was the worst! I was so convinced I was pregnant it was crazy! I actually felt fetal movement. I almost skipped taking a test and just scheduled a dating ultrasound. Glad I took a test... I would've looked so silly, haha! Anyways, just take...
Wow! So many new babies on the way! Congratulations everyone... I must admit, I am a touch jealous, although I'd like to wait a few more years before our next one. I feel guilty enough going to school part time with one baby! Just out of curiosity, did any of you get pregnant while breastfeeding (and still not having a cycle) and if so, what were your symptoms? I can't tell you how many tests I've taken since DD was born, I just get so paranoid! lol
Wow, I'm so excited to have found this thread. I have never considered myself crunchy, but reading this, I guess I am, and I like it! : I am finishing my first sem. in nursing school, I will graduate in May '11 because I only go part time. I've been struggling with this future career choice because of the drastic and blatent difference between my own beliefs and the beliefs of the medical community at large. We co-sleep, breastfeed, delayed/selectively vax, and try to...
I'm so excited to have other moms my age who have similar parenting values. I feel the same way as a lot of the other posters. My story is that I was 18 when I got pregnant, and actually graduated highschool 3 months pregnant, nobody knew though, because I hid it until after graduation. It would've been quite the scandal as I was an honor student and all that jazz, I was with the love of my life (and we are still together). Our child wasn't planned, per se, but wasn't...
I agree, It's awesome to see so many young moms on here. It seems sometimes like every other mom out there is in her late 20s, 30s or 40s. It's so overwhelming at times because although we have the common bond of motherhood, I feel like there is this constant ... gap between us, I don't know if that is there due to the age and 'life experience' difference or if it's my imagination or what! Anyone else feel the same way?
Well, I'm from Southern New Hampshire. Crunchygina, our girls are exactly one month apart! Coming up fast on that one-year mark, huh? :