or Connect

Posts by elephantine

Oh... I forgot to add that neither is PL'd! My better talker has been on the verge for months now(I let him go bottomless and he sometimes pees in the potty, but if not, always asks for a diaper when he needs to go). My slower talker seems to have no control or awareness over going potty. After a bath I have to get a dipe on him super quick or he just lets it fly and watches with a mildly surprised amusement as he pees on the carpet. He watches me go potty, has watched...
I think I'm going to get that late talker book from amazon... have any of you tried this: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Babble-Sp...d_bxgy_b_img_b
wow TY for all the quick responses and suggestions. The options are sounding better than I imagined re: preschool and private therapy. I will also look into the signing time DVDs
I'm in Louisiana. I'm feeling a lot of guilt over this, during their daycare years, I was the sole provider not receiving any CS etc so I was working long hours and just hoping their education based daycares would help them out. Sucky excuse I know, but keeping a roof over our heads sort of put everything else on the back burner. I know I don't *have* to explain, but I feel I should. The past 9 months I was dealing with a very difficult pregnancy including months of...
My twin boys are 3.5 years old now and both have speech delays. They were born premature. They were mostly in daycare during ages 1 to 3 though to my knowledge, never evaluated by EI(though I was promised they would be! ) They are not on the same levels either. One is doing much better and often points to things asking "what's that?" and then often repeating the name of whatever he pointed to. Even still, he rarely uses more than one word at a time and never more than...
I'm letting my older ds nurse a couple times per day... my nips are sore and the baby is nursing all the time so my patience is not at the level it normally is.
Not sure if this should go in this forum or not, but it seems like the best fit from what I can see. I just had a repeat c-section 2 weeks ago... I tried so hard to get my vbac and labored a total of 53.5 hours(went into labor late on the 27th of Feb, gave birth early March 2). I was discharged 2 days after surgery and have two three year olds at home with very little help. My partner was home for a couple days, but that was all we could manage. I am still in a...
found this thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...php?p=12512034 I think this must be what my son has, I'm feeling better now!
My baby is 2 weeks old and his cord stump fell off today revealing a small whitish/grayish/yellowish mass in the center of his bellybutton. There is a little blood, but it doesn't smell bad and doesn't seem to hurt him when I put some alcohol on it. It is not red like all the pics of granuloma I googled nor is it anything close to the omphalocele pics. It is basically hidden in the folds of his navel unless I gently open or it seems to very slightly protrude when he...
I started tiny amounts of solids around the time my 29 weeker twins were getting teeth. I was never able to make enough breastmilk to exclusively feed them so I figured their guts had already been dealing with formula so long, little amounts of yogurt and organic fruit/veggie puree wouldn't hurt. They were about 5 months adjusted age when they had their first taste... but didn't start eating more regularly till they were about 10 months adjusted.