or Connect

Posts by elephantine

I'm about a week behind you and my baby is riding high and I sure haven't had any signs... then I think about how in every DDC there is always the "who else is still pregnant" tribe for the ladies that are 41+, 42+ weeks! I feel a little silly now for being *so* worried about a preemie again. Just think though, being closed is not really too much of an indication -- a lot of women can go from nothing to having their baby in a matter of hours.
I'm 36 and a half weeks now and there is a lot less movement with mine too for the past couple weeks... everything I've read says this is normal as long as there are like 10 movements in a 2 hour period I believe. I think it is just due to less space for them, but I can understand your worry. I think the NST should help put your mind at ease.
My office only allowed 1 other person, with *no* exceptions.
When I had preemies, one of the first things they gave them in the NICU was caffeine...said it helps stimulate breathing...lol made me scratch my head about the whole "no caffeine" rule...I just try to listen to my body now...I don't have much, but a little here and there seems ok.
If I had the funds I would go to a chiro or massage therapist. The pain is in my upper/middle back and center... when my dp doesn't protest too much, I get him to jab his elbow hard into the most painful areas. While this is really painful as he is doing it, I feel numb and no pain there for awhile. A few times per day I do yoga type back stretches that do help some... but the relief is all so temporary...I get to 'suffering' again so quickly...it begins to radiate down...
Quote: Originally Posted by BJewels79 Yep, I posted what we get also because I thought it was interesting. We can get regular (whole or 2%) milk or for every gallon we get 4 cans of evap or 4 qts of dry. So we do have the option, but we don't use evap or dry much so we go for the regular milk since we always use it up! I think we may try for some evap and dry in the next couple of months just to have a small stockpile "just in case" ya know? As for...
It is interesting to see what everyone else is getting for WIC... here is what I get for 2 three year olds and my pregnant self: 12 gal 2% milk 6 dozen eggs 7 lbs cheese 14 large cans of juice 9 boxes of instant oatmeal or grits 8 cans evaporated milk 3 lbs dry beans or peas We don't have a peanut butter option for some reason... but I'll be getting tuna and carrots after I give birth... I just had my WIC appt yesterday and they didn't mention anything about voucher...
I'm due on the same day as you, but I don't think my baby is ready... funny after all the bedrest and worried about PTL, he's riding up high with no signs of coming too soon. I'm ok with that though... I just keep wondering "when"..
I've been drinking it on and off throughout my pg and for the three years prior(thinking it might help the c-sec scar). I pretty much went off it from weeks 30 to 36 because I started feeling crampy afterwards and was worried about PTL. Now that I'm passed 36 weeks I'm hitting it hard... 16 to 32 oz per day, steeping 30 to 45 minutes. I usually drink it hot with a little honey and a lot of cream, but I have done iced in the past and it is also good. I'm hoping I will be...
I've been looking up advice on depression in pregnancy and postpartum and just frustrated that the big answer is always: "Develop a large support system" yada yada -- well that is impossible... and I would have to schedule about 2 months in advance to see a normal doctor.... and I have severe intolerable side effects to all slow releasing anti-depression meds anyway and I'm really not going to feel like going to a 4 hour waiting time appointment just to be given a...