or Connect

Posts by elephantine

I made a birth prediction he'd be 36/37 weeks and between 6 and 7 lbs... now that I've hit 36 weeks, I'm second guessing myself I had micropreemies before, so I'll be happy just to have a full term, normal sized baby... maybe 7 lbs?? I wonder if I will have this kid in a week or 6 weeks... no telling!
I was exhausted with twins... I'll be having a singleton this time around, so I wonder if it will be different. Still, I'll have 2 three year olds *and* a baby and the older boys still sometimes try to run off. I wish I could let them roam more when we are out, but safety is my #1 concern. I can't go in two different directions and the baby will need to be secure. Mine never liked their stroller unless I kept it moving constantly, but I didn't have much choice. In a safe...
So cute!! Congrats!!
If your nipples are flat and don't easily get hard, you can try drawing them out a bit with a hand breast pump to make it easier at first... you'll just have to be a little more careful about keeping the babe centered on your nipple because it really hurts and gives you a hicky if they latch on one side of your areola and miss the nip.
Thank-you for the encouragement. I've been monitoring my blood sugar(got a little high around 30-32 weeks, but has normalized) and eating well. I have birthing supplies and have done a lot of reading... I also have a plan B(major hospital 2 minutes away) should some emergency arise. I had my 20 week scan and everything was perfect. I've had my thyroid tested twice this pg(all normal), and an echo and a pap and I was all normal. During my pelvic exam, the OB felt the...
Quote: Originally Posted by BnInTheOvn All that said though, like a few of you mentioned -- he is lying to me. And maybe I did put "restrictions" on him, but I didn't say "YOU MUST CHANGE!!!" I said that "this is how I feel, I'm not saying you have to feel the same, but if you are going to be with me you have to respect it. This is something I am not willing to give on. If we are together, raising children, I need this from you. If you aren't willing...
I've been UP since being fired by my OB around 28 weeks or so... I have been feeling really good about UC as the best option for me. I did a phone interview with another OB in January(I was 33 weeks or so), but she would only see me if I scheduled a repeat section even though I am a very good candidate for vbac even among c-section happy docs. There are no midwives here, no natural birth friendly OBs... I can't travel, I have no money to pay for a midwife even if one...
Quote: Originally Posted by emptytank2000 DDC crasher..... No matter what we may personally think of pot and whether or not it should be legalized, it is still illegal in the eyes of the law. I could not condone illegal activity inside my home with my children period end of story. I totally understand where you are coming from. I would also have serious issues with DH smoking it up. At a certain point, you put your children's well-being first,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Crunch I hope y'all don't mind. I'm considering applying for Food Stamps, but I have some questions. I WOHM Full-time but I don't make much, especially after insurance premiums are taken out, and after all bills are paid there's little left for food. I know that I qualify for Food Stamps(Utah has an online calculator you can punch your info into and see what you'd qualify for) but before I apply I just want to...
Really, this is something he was doing before you were together and he doesn't want to quit obviously. And him agreeing to not do it at whichever point, sounds like he just verbally met your demand/ultimatum because he wants to be with you. I understand why you're upset, but from what I'm reading here, it is going to come down to you either accepting his vice or separating from him. Just an example, I was married to a religious wack-o(turned this way *after* marriage...