or Connect

Posts by IndianaMomToBe

I took a new test this morning... negative reading. I'm relieved. Ive got a newborn to focus to right now. I'm not sure if the test was expired. It probably was. I'vd had it since last april.
The photo was taken this morning, the test was taken yesterday afternoon and I just happen to leave it on the bathroom counter after reading it (kids distracted me again, LOL!) then I noticed the faint line at about 3 am this morning while peeing and looking after my sick newborn.   The two photos were taken at the same time BTW.
I'm having a major freakout right now! I'm 3 (almost 4 months) postpartum right now, exclusively breastfeeding my babe (even every 2 hrs at night) and I've been feeling off. I'm very sick right now, my hair is falling out in chunks, my belly is loose again (it had firmed up and flattened), I've got two canker sores in my mouth, peeing lots all the sudden... and hubby remarks "Gosh, I hope you aren't pregnant again!" Babe is having greenshish poops during the day and yellow...
If she wakes from a nap and hasn't peed already I can walk her to the potty and avoid the accident. The problem seems to be she's waking with the pee sensation just before she can't control her bladder anymore... which results in the accident that in turn sends her over the edge :(   I could care less if she's in diapers or not but she's got strong ideas about things and she was refusing diapers at night which began the trying for nighttime dryness thing. Remind me,...
Both my girls took to daytime potty learning at the age of about 2 in prep for a new baby coming... I probably said something like "baby brother will need to wear the diapers now" but not often. Rather we just did the naked time until potty usage success was high.   Like "motheringforme" said, don't make it about someone else, just try to make it about your little one and dive right in to see how it is handled. Each kid is different and will react differently but in...
 Dang, you just described my oldest child and hints of my younger daughter too... and I never really realized it was basically just heir learning styles. *faceplam* That brings me huge clarity and also now I wonder how I can parent these perfectionists better... ACuriousMom: For us, the naked time continued until our success rate was pretty high, then we'd add in pants and undies as needed (to leave the house and such). I'm sure in the last 2 months you've probably...
I'm so jealous of all your cute maternity clothes ladies! I just rock my PJ's around here... and now hubby's undies and sweat pants.
My recent one is here: http://www.harvestofdailylife.com/the-pregnancy-home-stretch-is-here-36-weeks-pregnant-and-counting   I'm 36 weeks and feeling mighty huge, as usual :)
I could desperately use your thoughts and insight on an issue we are facing right now...   My two year old is toilet trained, has been for about 4 months or so... self led toilet trained. Both in our home and also while we are out on errands and such, during waking hours. I should add she's gluten sensitive, to the degree of having behavioral outbursts. Also, her body physically reacts to gluten from an elimination standpoint.   Anyway, for a few months now she's been...
At night my husband & I take turns doing the bedtime routine. Together we clean up toys, bathe, brush teeth, get in pjs, read a few stories together, tuck in, talk about the day & the coming day. Then we say goodnight and they drift off to sleep. The girls have a shared bedtime now. My youngest is weaning from night nursing currently. All week she's jumped to participate in sister story time instead of dry nursing. When my 2nd was born my husband took over more bedtime &...