or Connect

Posts by mariacm

Thanks for all of your input, ladies!  I just wanted to update and say that we are having MUCH more success lately!  I took the advice of backing off, no pressure, and we really hardly ask DS anymore if he needs the potty.  We stopped rewarding for each go, unless he requests the old reward then I usually agree (not his fault we were doing that, after all).  After much begging in general for videos, we have decided to only allow videos (we are a no-tv-for kids house in...
Thanks for this! Will definitely be using your site for some ideas!
Dr. Tchabo (male) at VHC in Arlington is great for vbacs.  You can google for his info.  His office is next to the hospital.  I'm told he really believes in vbacs.  Family and friends who have used him have nothign but good stuff to say about him.   Good luck!
My 3yo has been potty learning for a looong time.  Too long.  Several months of encouraging using the potty and trying to get him to "get it".  He has been in undies all day except naps and night for 2 months  now.  Yet he never initiates a potty trip, generally refuses to go when we ask him if he wants/needs to, and wets his pants often.  He doesnt' usually say he wet, I have to figure it out by behavior or wet clothes.  I'm really frustrated with the lack of progress. ...
Lisamarie, first congratulations on your baby's birth! ((hugs))  You are an amazingly strong woman for having gone through 3 days of induction and then a c-section on top of it.     I read your birth story and had to reply to tell you that I am so sorry you went through such a horrible failed induction experience and a c-section and that your birth plan didn't work out at all as you planned.  I haven't been through the same thing, but I can only imagine what you are...
Have your thyroid levels checked in case they are low.  Hypothyroidism has being cold as a symptom, and a lot of women discover they are hypo during pregnancy.  It's important to know, bc if your levels are low, you need to get them up to normal for baby's health in utero.  Your OB or primary care should be able to run the blood test.  (Undiagnosed hypothyroidism is apparently so common that some are suggesting ALL pregnant women be tested regardless of whether they are...
I got the drops from www.preciousarrows.com.  They had free shipping and it was $30 I think for the bottle of 400+ drops of 2mg each.  They shipped fast, I got it aobut 3 days after ordering.   We did one drop within one hour of birth (per our ped's advice) and one drop at 7 days and will be doing at least one more drop at 30 days.  I have read some studies and in one, they actually gave the mom vit k supplements and found that if the mom took 5mg daily, baby's...
PM'ing you.
Thanks for sharing!
I'm glad to hear that. =)