or Connect

Posts by ustasmom

I thought for sure that Amanda and James were going to tell Jason to use his idol. The other girls would vote for Jason, and then the three of them would vote for Parvati, and she would have gone. That was a lost opportunity.
I just bought a 50 pound bag of organic white flour with the wheat germ added back in. It was $27xx in the catalog, but the price that I was quoted was $47xx. Same thing happened last month when I bought 50 pounds of wheat berries. That went from $21xx to $32. The organic sugar price wasn't so bad, though. I think that it is up $4 on a 50 pound bag, bringing it to $57xx.
Amazon. Eligible for prime shipping. I had them in 2 days for the price of $5.99ppd for 3 bottles.
One perk is far from a subdivision. As long as the land will perk for one house, they should be able to sell off their land. Of course, if they have a mortgage, they will have to divide the land and then refinance as the terms of the secured loan will not be the same. But, if the deed says, only one house, then that is basically it. You are done. My ILs have a clause in their deed (1960s) that states that they cannot have a horse on their property. Zoning wouldn't be a...
I did some reading before I ordered chicks. I didn't want fertilized eggs. My girls are in a tractor, so they are somewhat more protected. And most importantly, I don't like to get up at the crack of dawn. I plan to incubate some eggs this summer, but I plan to give away the males. They will be RIR so no need for any boys in the henhouse. I think that you need to really read about your particular breed of rooster. That might be the key right there. Some breeds you...
I think what you are trying to do is to find food co-ops that buy together in bulk to get better deals. And you get more say in what you are getting. Why spend money on something that you don't want. Also, look for a CSA in your area. Most are for fruits/vegetables, but there are others that do beef, eggs, chicken, pork, etc. Co-op members even sometimes have to pitch in on sort day and the such. I might look over in one of the area tribes to inquire about co-ops that...
Quote: Originally Posted by dhinderliter would you use a place *like* angel food ministries? or discounted but still pay food banks? we don't actually have angel food ministries here but i found 1 or 2 food banks that i might visit. we aren't doing horribly (and only recently have we gotten to this point), we have a house that we are fine in, and can pay our bills no problem but there are goals that i don't think we will be able to do for a LONG time...
I encourage you to go to a food bank. Look around. Listen to the conversations. You will go home knowing that you are blessed. One time, when money was super tight after dh had his pay cut 40%, we needed help with the electric bill. As I sat there, two men came in. They were very happy that there was a bathroom there with a mirror. They both went in and shaved. It was February and brutally cold. They were homeless. They had nothing but the clothes on their backs and...
Now is the time to lock in with a fixed rate. If you can't afford a mortgage that is fixed, paying down principle, then you simply cannot afford to buy the house. This is not the market to gamble that the value will increase. Mortgage brokers are trying to sell you something. They aren't that concerned about your best interest. An interest only loan (which this basically is) still gets them a commission. You can always pay to principle, whether it be fixed,...
They usually eat everything until it is gone. And they won't go near table scraps. The RIR aren't as aggressive when it comes to food. They actually prefer to forage. If a bug comes by, they are on it whereas the Cornish X couldn't care less. Plus, the Cornish X are 35 days old, so only 21 more days until they are out of there. Plus, the 2 breeds actually segregate themselves most of the time. They will sleep huddled together, but still in their respective piles. We'll...