or Connect

Posts by rainashine

I know this is an old thread.  I'm hoping someone can help me.  Is there any other insurance agency that insures doulas besides CM&F?  Their coverage is not offered in Indiana. 
The thing is, they are happy and thankful they were in the hospital TODAY. They might not feel that way as they get further along the road of processing their experience. I had no issues with my induction turned c-section the day my baby was born. It was later as I started to realize just what had happened, just what I hadn't known and been lied to about, and just what the complications I was dealing with meant did I start to be upset. Let it be for now. Be happy...
I'm a mother that no one said anything to and ended up with a c-section. If you don't think she's really heard you I'd write her a very blunt email and end by saying you won't bring it up again but you are available is she has any questions. I wish someone would have said something to me. So many people did after the fact but not one did beforehand. If she sticks with her doctor, that's her choice. If she has the terrible birth you think she will, don't say a word. ...
I, too, had a miserable induction ending in c-section at 8 days past my "due" date. My ob started asking when I wanted to be induced when I was 37 weeks but I really didn't have even a fraction of the info I do now. I knew I wanted natural and didn't want to be induced but I finally let her schedule for the following week on my due date never imagining in a million years I'd actually make it that far. Both my brother and I came early; I never thought I'd be late and...
I am right there with ya! Except I know our budget and dh's job INsecurity won't allow me to quit right now. Our care provider just gave her two weeks on Thursday and I am now in the position of finding another care provider for my 21 month old for the THIRD TIME in a year. I would absolutely quit if the above mentioned things were not a factor.
Anyone in Big Rapids or the area? It looks like we may be moving up there in the next few months...
I am looking at Birth Arts distance post partum doula training. Originally I was looking at DONA (and probably still will pursue that for birth work) but scheduling for workshops has been been a problem. I also considered CBI but something about them makes me a bit uneasy--no real reason just something. I also like BA's option to buy the course in two parts. Can anyone give me any feed back on this program?
I was not fully dilated when my ob had me start pushing. I was at about 9 and was starting to want to push. It was 12 hours after she ruptured my membranes though so I think I was on a clock without knowing it. I only pushed for 4 or 5 contractions when she decided baby was in distress and called for a c-section. Dh later told me dd's heart rate was dropping with each contraction (and purple pushing) but never got into the danger zone. I'm been induced 30 hours...
I would imagine part of the problem with pelvis size is related to inadequate developement from poor nutrition too. Ethiopia has been ravaged by famine for years and years.
I would be unhappy with any doctor who told me "not to worry about it" when I'd just passed placenta A YEAR after my baby was born. I think you need to get checked and possibly find a new doctor. I, too, had retained placenta, but only for 10 weeks, that impacted my milk suppy. That is sooo tough ETA: I also had a really hard time finding any information on retention past a week pp.