or Connect

Posts by BananaPancake

PM sent!
Hi Heather! Finding babysitters is always tough! We moved here last October and are LOVING Fort Worth. We also have a 3.5 year old and an 18 month old. What we did was join the YMCA. Great way to kill a couple of hours, meet people and stay active. They have childcare and they're always wonderful, at any branch. We use their Parents' Night Out the last Friday of every month at the Northwest Y on Boat Club Road. Great way to get out for dinner, get away for a few...
The general rule for lifting is that if you've been lifting it regularly before your pregnancy, you should be fine to lift through your pregnancy. I don't worry too much about caffeine. I'm not much of a caffeine drinker, though. I really don't limit anything but alcohol. You body will tell you what it needs! I REALLY liked Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - so beautiful! As far as finding a doc, I would ask around on your MDC Tribe board for recs! Congratulations!
Hi Everyone! I'm Laura, 27, due April 1st. I'm married to A, and we have Lucy (3) and Molly (17m). We weren't really trying this month, but we're always "expecting to be expecting!" We're just thrilled! This will be my third c-section, as I have true cephalopelvic disproportion. :-( I attempted a VBAC with my 2nd and ended up in a section, so this one will be planned. So excited to have a community! Now we just have to get through the next 9 months...
Hi Ladies! I'm looking for an OB in the area who's open to multiple sections. This will be my 3rd time around and 3 section, but as we want 5+ kids, I need to find an OB who will be HONEST about my risks and will be open to delivering subsequent babies after #3. Any ideas?? I'm currently with Dr. McDonald in Denton, but it's just too far to drive with two toddlers!
We'd be interested! I have a 3 year old and 16 month old and will definitely be homeschooling - we'd love to expand our network!
Hi ladies! I'm currently nursing #2, but she's sort of dropping off alot and is nursing about 3 times a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I'm getting the feeling she's going to drop off a little more as her walking improves, and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. She's on milk now and is happy nursing OR drinking from a cup, so I think it's up to me more than it is her. I just don't know how long I want to go. Some days I feel like I'd love to nurse her to two,...
http://www.kidcarepediatrics.com/ I still don't have a pedi as I'm new to the area, but my neighbor swears by Kid Care!
I just joined the group - how exciting!
Is anyone out there interested in starting a playgroup in the Fort Worth area? I'd love to meet some mamas and socialize a little bit! We moved here in Oct and have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old and are looking to play, play, play! Please let me know! I SAH, so we're free just about any time!