or Connect

Posts by nicoolmama

Thanks for the advice betsy. We do have toys in their room and wondering if that will be a problem. Also, my toddler is a VERY light sleeper. I have gone in there to grab extra diapers for the baby in the night and he always.wakes. up. You have a good point with not moving too quickly so they don't feel the baby shoved them out of their crib...didn't even really think about that.
Hi, I am seeking some advice for two small children sleeping in the same room. I currently have a 21 month old who sleeps in his crib and a 5 month old who co-sleeps with myself and my DH in our queen sized bed. There is a twin kids bed in the room which I hope to transition my 21 month old over to once he turns two. After my toddler is comfortable sleeping in a bed, I plan to move our baby into the crib-around 8 or 9 months. I am hoping there are other mamas...
I have been with my partner for just about 2.5 years. I got pregnant a month after we met(planned)because, well, we were nuts. Then I got pregnant with our 2nd son when our 1st son was 7 months old. He had 2 kids from his previous marriage(SD, 8 and SS, 4) and I had my son from mine(DS,5). So, if you are keeping track, together we have- SD(8), DS(5), SS(4), DS(20months),DS(4 months). It was HARD at first- like harder than I could ever explain. I thought about leaving...
Quote: Originally Posted by _betsy_ Totally normal. DD2 used to have spastic arm, hit herself in the head, and then try to make her head (and my nipple) turn 180 degrees to see "who" hit her. She was always so surprised that there was no one there! Oh my goodness betsy! So cute and so hilarious! Love it! As for wiggly nursing babies, I have never known them any other way. Are there actually babies that stay still and focus on eating??...
Side lying position is awesome! I do the same thing as writinginkursive. I leave my boob out for the milking, lol. I have big breasts (like H size breasts, no joke) and thought for the longest time I couldn't do bfing lying down. Then one night, with my 2nd son, I was so exhausted, I just had to lay down and we figured it out. At first, like some of the other posters wrote, you have to hold your breast away from their nostril so they don't have their nostril blocked...
WAHOO!! That is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Way to go!
Thanks Jeannine! I especially agree with this: the Bible teaches that sin is sin - so the rest of us, with different sins, can't feel superior to my step-son just because he stole something and we don't steal. And just as we are offered forgiveness by God even when we "deserve" worse, it's right for us to fully and completely let it go after a person tries to fix something they did wrong; and sometimes it's also right for us to be kind and understanding to each other,...
Hi mamas! I exclusively bf my 3 1/2 month old son, Theo. I am a stay at home mom but also am on-call at an assisted living facility. I have to work 1-2 four hour shifts a month to keep my on-call status. I would just quit except I have five years of working for this company and I would like to keep my foot in the door, especially when it comes time to apply to nursing school. Plus, I need to start having an hour away from the baby,once a week or so, for my mental...
Haha! I like how you just slipped that one in , ProtoLawyer! Congrats!!! I had a boy with my ex and my husband had two kids(a boy and a girl)from his previous marriage. Together we had two boys(in two years, WHEW!)so now we have 5 together!!! We don't call them half anything. They are all brothers and sisters, no matter WHAT my husband's ex says about it!!!
Hey mamas, My SD is having an issue with stealing. On a family road trip about a month and a half ago, we both went in a gas station to use the restroom. We came out at the same time and were walking out together. They had a saltwater taffy display with 20 different flavors and it couldn't help but demand attention. My SD asked if she could have one and I said no, not this time. She said, ookkkk...I turned around to look at something and when I turned around, she (a...