or Connect

Posts by merpk

Iran is ready to talk now?  With whom?   Oh, wait.  With Bashar Assad.  They're havin' a nice little tea party there.    
All over the world it's in parks ... when I lived in the East Village and worked down in the courts in NYC, I often saw people doing tai chi in the park.  The criminal courts buildings are in Chinatown, and there were early-morning groups (large groups) of people in the park doing it en masse ...
  Angry?  LOL  Get over yourself.   I'm only angry when I consider the millions of Jews who've been murdered by others wanting them to convert.     Glad to know ... what was it you said?  ... that you have Jewish friends.  That's nice.  :)   Enjoy your life.    
Angry?  LOL  Get over yourself.   I'm only angry when I consider the millions of Jews who've been murdered by others wanting them to convert.     Otherwise, enjoy your life.  
Bluegoat, you just want to see what you want to see and don't care about reality.   The difference is that Christianity is supercessionist.  The reality of Christianity is that for it to be real, Jews have to all become Christian.  Since Jesus was supposedly the messiah of the Jews, right?     The difference is that Judaism is not only not interested in people converting to Judaism, Judaism is not interested in other religions being wrong.  Judaism is truth...
      Yeah.  What Liquesce said.  Verbatim.   :)  
I see you're in Colorado.  If you want to find more down-to-earth folks (and possibly homeschooling or whatever your particular crunch is) then your best bet might be to search for Jewish Renewal shuls/synagogues.  There seem to be a bunch of them in Boulder, but if you dig around I'm sure you'll find something in the Denver area.   Or Reconstructionist folks, who are kind of like Renewal only more organized and ... a touch drier.  LOL   http://www.bnaihavurah.org/
Um ... I read about something like that in this really wild novel about "devil worship" type stuff.  Like, um, it was actually a comedy about conspiracy theories and conspiracy theorists and the like.  And there was this ritual involving various religious objects and hallucinogenic drugs and sex on a platform surrounded by folks wearing cowls and chanting ... ohnevermind.  LOL  
You know, not all martyrdom refers back to Jesus.  Really.
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail."   :-)   t ...     Aaah, now that I get the House points ... which one am I in?  LOL