or Connect

Posts by lonegirl

The reason a 3 year can be administered only after a 1 year is done is to assure immunity.  All vaccines get a booster.  My last hospital I worked at we were an AAHA hosp.  The policies there are after the first year of vaccines (puppy series or if older the first series) a booster is given the following year.  THen rabies is every 3 (if using the 3 year vacs) and DHPP is every 3 years. Bordetella (kennel cough), Lepto and Lymes is given annually as they do not last in the...
I find it interesting that the principal was so shocked.  My son started grade 1 this year.  Albeit he was an advanced and early reading (at 4 he was happily reading everything and anything) and in school he isn't interested in the books in his class because he was reading them years ago.....but 95% of his grade one part of his 1/2 class couldn't read at the beginning of September (maybe a few words here and there)-he was the anomaly.
My son is in grade 1 (will be 6 on Saturday).  We have, since he was wee, thought he was gifted.  Friends and family and strangers alike thought and think he is gifted.  Well tonight at the first Parent Teacher meeting his teacher, who is wonderful, said she feels without a doubt that he is.  She said right down to the personality traits (perfectionist, has to do it his way, stubborn etc) on her list he fits it to a t.  She approached the principal about in school...
It has been proven that humans should be grazers and eat small meals or snacks throughout the day (about 6 of them) instead of 3 big meals.  My son eats at 7 then has recess at 10 that is 3 hours...lunch is at 12 (5 hours) that is a longtime without food.  I think that kids may have weight problems not because there is snack time...but because parents look at snacks as being "treats". A small yogurt or a piece of fruit is a healthy snack that will give them the extra...
Hi, I keep getting a banner warning saying that my browser is out of date and to upgrade to Chrome, Firefox or IE 8 for XP. I am using IE9 and I have Windows 7. I don't want to switch to Chrome right now. Will this truly be a problem?
 I'd love to...but I work 8-6 or 8 most days - plus I'd have to pay to get a police background check.  I have Wednesdays that I could but that is it.  If I continue to hear a daily account I will book an appt to talk (at length) with the teacher. Separating them, I guess, reduces the opportunity but doesn't get to the heart of the matter imo.  It sounds like this kid has issues - especially as ds is not the only target.  The school board has a safe school policy that I...
Hi I posted this in Learning at school but I know there is more traffic here and I was hoping for a bit of advice. http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1364362/son-being-bullied
Hi ladies. So have any of you had to do anything with regards to bullying? My little buddy, Tyr, is 5 (6 in Nov) and in grade 1.  Tyr is being bullied by a boy in his class. He is about 1/2 head taller than Tyr. Their first encounter on the playground the boy literally was choking him. He reported him to his teacher. Tyr is friends with a boy named Jake but Jake is also friends with this boy Jay. Well Jay does everything he can to prevent Tyr from playing with jake...
I had a 3 legged cat for 16 years.  As a kitten she had to have it amputated. The leg could not be saved.  It is not a cruel option.
I wish I was the sort of person who made enough money in my field that hubby didn't have to work-he isn't working right now, but we are burning through our savings very quickly just to make ends meet.   I wish I was the sort of person who likes to clean - or perhaps knew where the Cleaning Fairies lived.   I wish I were the sort of person who didn't have to watch every single calorie and workout like a mad person just to lose a couple pounds (or to maintain)