or Connect

Posts by annekh23

My feeling is that if it's ok for a baby to be there, it's ok for them to get breastfed, I don't know enough about the kind of event you are talking about to make a judgement on that and whether bringing the baby was a good decision or not, but assuming it was then I don't think you are overeacting at all. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea that you were representing your place of employment, I'd call it supporting, like teachers might go along to fundraising...
I looked the drug up in Hale's like you said it's L3, I noticed it was an anticonvulsant, but you mentioned a psychiatrist, so I'm answering on the assumption that it's a psychiatric problem, not epilepsy. When there is any psychiatric problem, it's definitely worth having the discussion about what is going to be the best thing to keep you well and what is the back up plan if you don't stay well. For some people that means not breastfeeding is the best decision for...
No milk at all is fairly unlikely. It can be hard to express colostrum, whether by hand or by pump, it's possible not to see any evidence of it, but even with no breast stimulation there should be at least some sensation of milk coming in, breasts feeling hard etc. unless there is retained placenta. Not enough milk happens, it's less common than many would have us believe, but it does happen, no milk at all would be a rare situation.
How about trying other remedies for some of thing things in the placenta and cutting down to one a day?
I'm not sure this is a healthy way of thinking, PPD is an illness, but because it affects the brain and your emotions, one of the treatments is to encourage healthy thought processes, getting the one thing you really want won't fix PPD. It's probably better to think about small changes that could help and talk to partners, family, friends etc about ones you can make, kind of like looking at small steps to get to a long term goal. I know it's hard, DD is 10mths today,...
I still think there is a huge dose of the statistics of how many people you see, how much time is spent nursing etc that makes not seeing a baby nursing being the more common occurance by far. I NIPed 3 times today, I had a busy day, went to church, nursed in service, saw a couple of babies that were sleeping and one in an ergo. I don't think anyone even saw me. Nursed again in the foyer, maybe 10 people saw me, maybe less, I wasn't nursing long and they might not have...
I've no idea whether they carry nursing bras or not, but I don't particularly care, they are a business, they should sell what makes them money rather than try and be all things to all people, not selling nursing bras doesn't necessarily make them unfriendly to nursing. If you have more information, then I'd be interested, but it seems a bit extreme to me to boycott someone because they make bras but not nursing bras.
Dunno where mom0810 got her info from, but Hale's has St John's Wort as L2, which is the same as Zoloft. The issue seems to be that because it isn't a medicine it doesn't have to meet standards and you need to be careful to get a brand which has nothing else in and has the amount it says it has in it. Trials done when those things are accounted for show it to be as good as many antidepressants, but that it reacts with many things, so your doctor must know about it. Hale...
How often do you see babies bottlefed in public? It's true that you don't often see a lot of breastfeeding in public, but then how often do you see bottlefeeding? I see bottles, but poking out of diaper bags, or in cup holders, I see older babies with bottles, but it doesn't feel like there are loads of women all over the place bottlefeeding and all the breastfeeding women are hiding. I really only see infants being fed at places where I'd expect to see lots of...
Quote: Originally Posted by MeepyCat There are cases when the problems of surgical recovery pale in comparison to the complications of natural birth. That would be me, many would deem my c-section unnecessary, but I'm more recovered from my c-section nearly 10 mths ago than the complicated birth 4 years prior.