or Connect

Posts by zebrachick83

Yikes, phatchristy, that lady sounds crazy. I will never understand how people (medical professionals or not) get so wrapped up in what you should be doing when it's your baby. I'm sorry you had to go through that. 
  There have been a few problems with the plumbing here as well. In fact, the other day, I had to beg my DH to run to the drugstore for prune juice and Metamucil just so I could make it through the night. Not fun. I didn't think of the slow digestion as contributing to the nausea, but that makes sense.
I was blissfully unaware of this during my first pregnancy, so I went to the sub shop across the street from where I worked twice a week. I learned about listerosis during my second pregnancy and I avoided cold cuts like the plague during that pregnancy and my third. This time around, we were completely taken by surprise and I forgot about this recommendation, so I got a cold cut sub at about five weeks. I ate half of it before I remembered and I promptly got sick the...
Nausea's returning here too. I don't remember this happening late in my other pregnancies, so it's been a bit strange.
As someone who also has toxic immediate family members, I don't think you're terrible at all. Lots of hugs and positive thoughts for you. 
Yes! Two-hour labors are awful. Of my three, I only caved on IV pain meds with our two-hour delivery, because it was just too painful. This time, I'm trying to prepare myself for a fast, intense labor and I've been reading lots of info about breathing and birth positions for fast deliveries. After all that, this will probably be the delivery that takes 12 hours or more...lol.
So, so beautiful. 
Lulu, I totally understand about the early labor concerns. I'm so glad you weren't in labor, but I hope you feel better quickly. Being sick and being this pregnant is the worst. All of our babies have been full term, but the labors have been earlier and earlier each time. Our last son was born at 38 weeks, so I just want to make it to 37 weeks with this one. I've been going a lot slower than usual this time, because I've already noticed lots more BH contractions than...
Lol @Sego. That's both funny and cringe-inducing. Ouch!   Typically, our pregnancy sex has been abysmal. But this time, we've been doing it in the spooning position with me lying on my side and it has been incredible. *smacks head* Why didn't I think of this before? It's so much more comfortable! Naturally, I would realize this when we're on our last pregnancy.    However, we had sex this past weekend and the next day I was having BH contrax like crazy and losing...
    I haven't experienced tearing myself, but the pushing stage of my last delivery was absolutely dreadful. Thanks for this link!