or Connect

Posts by AnnaNova

i wanted to sell some of my textbooks from past couple of semesters. at my college they didnt really have any buy back value, so i thought i'd sell them on amazon. i set the price to be as low as the lowest price on the web site. when someone buys your stuff, Amazon issues 3.99 shipping credit, but then when the payment clears, they take about 4+ dollars, so it comes out of the sale price. and then to ship it is actually more expensive then 3.99, like one of my books...
our back yard is quite small, we have a few planter boxes, and an area that had grass. the grassy area died this year and i was thinking of just turning it all into a garden next year. how would i prepare it for gardening now in the fall? thanks
My son is 2.5 now, i am trying to decide if we should put him in preschool or not. So far, we have been team - tagging with my husband, and my MIL and we can probably manage another year or so without school.  BUT i think he could greatly benefit from being in a school environment. i noticed how lit up he gets around other kids, and how much he learns when there are other kids around, he seems to respond well when its a "group" thing. plus, he has been sort of late...
I second getting him evaluated. if you get in touch with your Early Intervention program, they will arrange for that. and its not just speech therapy though. my son hardly said any words at 2, and everyone kept telling me he's just a late talked, but my feeling was that its not as simple as that. i could "feel" that he wants to communicate better than he does. when we did the evaluation it turned it was something i didnt expect at all - he has mild low muscle tone that...
we had a similar issue with my son. he doesnt nurse to sleep anymore, but it was book after book after book, stretching into hours and if we tried to enforce "3 books", he just screamed... what helped us was that during the day we started "playing" bedtime. we would get his toy animals or sth and pretend we are putting them to bed. this serves a two-fold purpose: you can mimic the behavior and routine you would like to establish, and also if something bothers him about...
i could pickle, but to be honest we dont eat a whole lot of pickles. last time i did it i ended up giving away some, because we just werent interested that much in them...   
we have a LOT of cucmbers this year and i have no idea what to do with them other than make a salad. any good recipes? also, is there anything i could do with them that i could freeze? thanks
Manuka honey is quite wonderful, we usually use it for sore throats and such, there was an article on NPR saying that there was some research done that shows that manuka honey kills antibiotic-resistant bacteria, such as MRSA when applied in dishes. i dont think there has been any research as to how it affects bacteria once they are in a human, but there is no harm in trying it. and it actually is NOT wierd to put it on skin, even though its a vaginal area. in many...
so i never had migraines in my life, and then when i was pregnant, i started getting visual migraines (they are sort of like visual disturbances that go away after about 20 min). now, 2 years after i had my son i started getting real migraines.  they start out with an "aura" a weird and uneasy feeling, and a visual migraine, and then will turn into a full-blown migraine. right now, its enough for me to take a couple of advils and sleep for a little bit and they will go...
no, of coursse i dont want him to give up his job. i am actually happy for him that he finally found a job that he really LOVES. but its like this job and the money he makes is the end of it. he doesnt want / strive for anything more.  what i want for him to do is - go back to school to finish up his degree so he could advance as high as he poss can (and he agrees, and yet does nothing about it. every time the enrollment comes around, he says he'll look at it, and...