or Connect

Posts by colemom

My grass fed beef order was delivered yesterday, so we ended up having grilled rib eyes and asparagus, sautéed mushrooms and onions, roasted sweet and colored potatoes, broccoli and strawberries (I had planned on making bbq chicken legs but those steaks were so good! the chicken is easily saved in the freezer)   Tonight is fish tacos, black beans, avocado tomato salsa, salad, carrots and strawberries.   I'm trying to get through a certain amount of produce because...
I think I pretty much have this week figured out. We went to Costco yesterday, which means I need to go to the normal grocery for a few things to round it out. I ordered some grass fed beef, but am not sure when it's being delivered.    Tonight is salmon and seared tuna steaks on the grill (we had a couple of each in the freezer), grilled asparagus, brown rice, broccoli and strawberries.   Salmon burgers with tomato and avocado, oven fries, roasted asparagus,...
I have worked really hard to limit my trips to the grocery store, now it's usually one large trip on the weekend and a small follow up trip later in the week for more fruit, milk and half and half. We're on a tight budget, and food prices are rising so I was determined to make this work and so far, so good.   My kids are 7.5 and 4, so we eat a pretty predictable menu. I only plan dinners, I keep breakfasts, lunches, and snacks simple and easy, dh usually eats leftovers...
Only on the weekends. During the week, dh does not get home from work until close to 7:00, so the kids eat dinner at 5:15ish and I eat with dh about 8:00 after the kids are in bed. I don't make separate meals or special meals for the kids, I either make it all at once and reheat at 8:00 or if the dinner ingredients are not combined, I'll make the meat/fish in two batches and the sides can sit and wait. On the weekends we eat about 6:00 as a family. Only tv during dinner is...
Tonight is salmon and asparagus on the grill, brown rice, broccoli and strawberries. I also need to figure out what I am going to bake for the week.   This week's menu: Moroccan chicken and wild rice with chickpeas, broccoli, fruit Fish tacos (wild cod), black beans, salad, carrots, fruit Bbq hamburger patties, sautéed onions and mushrooms, roasted sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts, broccoli, fruit Chicken cacciatore with peppers, mushrooms and zucchini, brown rice...
Popping in and catching up. Hope everyone is feeling better!   Friday was pizza and movie night for the kids, and dh and I had seared ahi tuna steaks with soy vay teriyaki sauce, rice, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.   Saturday was grilled bratwurst and stuffed chicken breasts (got a couple on sale), wild rice, southwest chopped salad, broccoli and apples.   Tonight is corned beef in the crock pot because we have a super busy day tomorrow. With roasted teeny...
Wow, I haven't been here for awhile. Life has been so busy lately.   While I have been limiting gluten for myself for over a year, I never limited the kids. Now we are trying a mostly gluten free diet with ds7.5 to see if it helps with ADD type behaviors, it's the only "lifestyle change" we haven't made with him. In the last 6 months he finally has been less selective with his eating, so I figured it was time. It hasn't been too hard, thank goodness for Trader Joe's, it...
If I remember, I put iron-on patches on the inside of the knees of ds's new pants. I usually put two patches to cover a larger area to allow for shifting while playing and growth. It's not perfect, but it does help.   I Love those double knee Lands End pants, but they are are pricey. Keep your eye out for clearance sales, sometimes a few make it there and then it's more affordable.
Last night I made ricotta gnocchi, perfect to warm up cold bellies. With a simple tomato basil sauce, zucchini noodles, broccoli, garlic bread and apples.   Not sure what I'm doing for tonight, but do have my menu for the week: Moroccan chicken and rice with chick peas, broccoli, fruit Ground beef tacos/tostadas, salad, carrots, fruit Salmon, parmesan risotto, sautéed brussels sprouts, broccoli, fruit Quiche (sausage, spinach, mushroom, bell pepper, cheese), roasted...
11/1: nothing 11/2: 30 min beach walk 11/3: nothing 11/4: 60 min bike (30/30) 11/5: 35 min beach walk, 45 min bike (15/30) 11/6: 15 min bike, 75 min hill walk with a friend 11/7: 45 min bike 11/8: 15 min bike 11/9: nothing 11/10: 30 min beach walk, 30 min bike 11/11: family 30 min hike (longer, but with kids), 45 min beach walk 11/12: 45 min bike (15/30), 20 min yoga video 11/13: 30 min elliptical, 30 min bike 11/14: 20 min hill walk, 20 min yoga, 30 min...