or Connect

Posts by Gaia Mama

Sorry Seawen to hear of the nursing strike. It can be really difficult. I would continuing to offering the breast, she is just a little shell shocked right now, which may be what she needed to stop biting you altogether. After the initial biting phase every six month old (or so) goes through, you should not have to worry about the biting. So maybe this will put an end to it (the biting) without putting an end to the nursing. I don't think after fifteen months that...
Beth - Thank you so much for relating your story - I almost cried too! I am feeling the pressure from my hubby, my parents, my MIL and the like to have a second, third, etc. but I just can't convince myself it would be right. Someone else mentioned that they think that having another child would allow for a "do over" basically with 100% AP and when I heard that, I was able to trace some of my feeling towards having another child to that. For me, baby wearing came in...
Carolyn - I think your suggestion was an excellent one, esp. for me. Lately, I have been thinking about the possibility that my ds will be an only child. Coming from large families (mine - 4 children, husband - 7 children including a set of triplets of which he is one), I don't think I could even guess at what being an only child was like. I have a great friend, who is an only child, who I plan on speaking to about this. He is a great role-model for me so I respect his...
Autumn - Feather gave really great advice, I really could have written that entry myself. I have a 28 mo who still nurses a great deal - I still think to myself how great it is to have an experienced nurser so we both can relax during those quite times. The only difference I had with my son was that when he bit the first time, it was HARD and I let out a big scream and cried, which turned into us both crying. I don't think it was a bad thing though since he seemed to...
I just wanted to let everyone know that we had a great visit with the new ped. dentist I found in Philadelphia. DS has very early stage caries and will only require a little drilling and some bonding. We night weaned last week. I have to say I was really dreading it and was certain that DS was not ready. Well, it seems like I worried too much over this. Weaning took a total of three nights and was quite easy. The first night killed me, but after when he woke up in...
Thanks for your encouragement mom2wavinbaby. I think I may have found a good dentist - we go on the 2nd of Jan. to meet him. The funny thing is, I don't even know how bad my son's teeth are since the first horror of a dentist never even explained it to me (and ds). I have noticed a small gray spec on the front of his tooth but that is all for now. I assumed it was dental caries since it fits the description I have read, but I don't know if it is an "early" stage, later...
I can't thank all of you enough for all your insight, esp. Smilemomma. If I had not read all of your posts yesterday re: dental carries, I would have been far less prepared to deal with the horror that was my ds's first dental appointment. The ped. dentist told me more times than I could count that I had to stop breastfeeding my 27 month old since he had dental carries - flipantly explaining that "it nutritionally had no value". I explained that not only was it...