or Connect

Posts by Chamomile Girl

Yes!  Thank you!   Seeking purity in anything is not healthy nor is it conductive to real life.  Plus on a personal level it makes me .   @Kathymuggle:  I think if a poster asks for support only that should be kept in mind when responding.  But I have also seen many threads like that in the past where the poster just wants people to agree with their (often very disturbing and damaging) choices.  So it has to be the call of the respondant I think.  I for one am not cool...
Not to mention that the incubation period for chicken pox is like two weeks before you see the blisters.  So there is no way that it could have been chicken pox if he caught it at the pool that day.
OP I also think that contacting EI is a good idea.  I'm right there with you in waiting for my toddler to start talking...it is so frustrating!  We had him tested at 18 or 19 months and he qualified for speech therapy (he is almost two now).  I hope his sessions are helping him, but there has been no progress thus far.  At least I know that I have done everything I could (including having his hearing evaluated...he was fine).  I guess some kids just don't feel a need for...
If ya really wanna know you have to read the thread.    
I do use henna and have for (man!) like twenty years .  The nice thing about LM is that the colors are premixed, but the crappy thing is that the henna used is of a pretty inferior quality and is often old.  Because of this you don't get as good of a dye release so the color is not as saturated (or vibrant) nor does it last as long.   What color LM did you use?  If it was the Red it was pure henna, but all the other colors are henna mixed with something (often...
Henna is fine to use while pregnant, but Light Mountain is actually kind of crappy henna.  There is better stuff out there.  Check out hennaforhair.com.
I am now always reminded of the Evil Bert site.  Don't think I can link it but a google search will provide.    When I was a kid Grover was my favorite, but for some reason I now associate the name Grover with dirty old men (dude, that pervy guy is such a Grover!).   Don't know why...
  I don't have a problem with either extreme you are representing.  However I think it is important to realize that one can't expect universal agreement from others here no matter what they post.  So I guess what I do take issue with is people who get up in arms because people are actually disagreeing with them.  In other words I think both the person who posts that "Unschooling is always irresponsible" and the one who says "Public schools often stifle creativity" should...
The point of putting it here is because many people who frequent this board find it amusing and a positive experience.  Ok, you don't.  So what?  I get the impression Galatea that you see yourself as some kind of righteous MDC gatekeeper because of your extended time here.  I'm not saying that to be snarky (because I am totally on the fence about the snark factor) but because I find your response inappropriate because of your assumption that you have some kind of veto...
All I can think about when I read that is SUNSCREEN OMG!!  But then my kid is uberpale.   My parents wandered around naked (and left the bathroom door open) until I was twelve.  Their nakedness never bothered me because it was so normal.  I wanted to be a nudist when I was young though (up to about 9 I think?) so maybe I'm a different kind of apple.   Anyway when I was twelve my mother decided it was no longer appropriate for me to see my dad naked so the door was closed...