or Connect

Posts by Chamomile Girl

I like the less moderation.  It bugged the crap out of me that people who can't hold their own in a debate got coddled with kid gloves under the old system.  Frankly it also grates that certain boards are supposed to be "support only" and the members there get all up in arms if you post anything contrary to their party line (like those who bash the public education system in the homeschooling forum but haven't actually been inside a school since their formative...
  Not quite. Tenure track is indeed full time, but not permanent until you achieve tenure (typically, at least in my field, this takes at least five grueling years).  It is actually difficult to get tenure and tenure is certainly not guaranteed by dint of your hire.   If the OP does not have time for a postdoc there is no way in hell she will have time for a tenure track position.
I love the fact you just used fora.  Seriously "forums" just makes me .  Huge pet peeve of mine.   Sorry...carry on...
Yes...a certain inventory of the nursery comes to mind.  
Not everyone comes here just to give or get advice.  If that were the case there would be no place for topics like this one (or vents which are my favorite).  So being all up in arms about not looking for friends is all well and good...for you (PP whoeveryouare.  I'm too lazy to go back and find your post)...but many of us are looking for friends, or people to bond with over stuff.   BUT MDC does not just exist to provide support y'all.  It is (I hope) a place where...
No, there is nothing good on the midpoint of the 5 (unless you are into steak, and then there is the Harris Ranch in Coalinga).  Smells like major cow around there though so I don't think I would want to actually sleep there.   San Luis Obispo is an awesome town though.  Plus 101 is so freaking pretty.  It might even still be green due to the late rain we have gotten.    99 is not a bad option either but the half way point is basically Fresno.  The only thing...
Maybe.  But it also appears to be a bunch of slapping people when they are down and openly discussed schadenfreude.  Oh, and talking about how annoying it is that MDC mamas are all stepford wives and then getting pissy when MDC posters actually...ya know...disagree.  So I do see how it could be a fun place to hang IF (big if) you are part of the accepted "in" crowd who has not stepped on very many toes.  But in a very catty Queen-Bee-like "lets talk crap about people...
  This thread is already over there.  Yes, you have to register.   Since getting deeper into that site its actually pretty funny in a "I see the world through snark-colored glasses" kind of way.  I'm enjoying it.
Jesus H it's like Junior High all over again!
  My grandma says it too and she is from San Francisco.  Generational thing maybe?