or Connect

Posts by Chamomile Girl

One would assume they know their parents.  I know that when we refused to find out the sex of our child before birth it almost created WWIII in my family.  My mother was very fond of letting me know that she WOULD be buying the baby pink frilly princess stuff if he were a girl because that is a girl's birthright.  In fact she had already stocked up before he was born and was very peeved when he was born with a penis (not that I would have let my child wear that stuff...
Are your tomatoes small enough that you can fashion a cloche-type covering for them (or a cold frame) until it warms up a bit?  I usually use recycled starbucks cold cups while stuff is still in the seeding stage, both for the warmth they provide and the pest protection.    The one year I gardened in Nebraska (Omaha area) we planted our tomatoes super-late (because we moved there in June) and they did fabulously.  We were able to still get a full harvest before the...
Oy, I have muddled through the whole thread .  Some great stuff in there.   I just wanted to add the perspective of how my family has chosen to raise our kid.  Both my DH and I abhor the gender stereotyping that clothing and toy choices place upon a child, so we have decided to do the best we can to be gender neutral in those arena.  I've been reading hildare's posts with interest because we have made basically the same choices that she has.  It will be interesting...
Well it appears to be a posh/liberal school actually.  Based on what the teachers there were wearing what I chose was fine.  I went for the sweater set with the tan skirt, no makeup and a simple (but pretty if I do say so myself ) necklace.  I was comfortable in my clothes to the point that I was able to totally not focus on the fact I was dressed up which is pretty ideal I think. That's ok!  Everyone has their clothes peeves.     Y'know I have had scalp problems all my...
Congratulations!  Successful interviews are an awesome thing lol.   Well think you are right about the comfort factor.  I tried on both outfits tonight (nylons and all) and I really felt awkward in the tweed blazer...like I was wearing daddy's clothes.  I suppose that is the reason it sits in my closet year after year without ever getting worn.  It is way too formal to teach in and way too uncomfortable in to be formal.  I should just get rid of the blasted thing.  The...
Not as much of it lol.  Besides if I didn't have kids this discussion would be moot because I would be working.  So the reason I see holding down the fort during the day as my day job is because, as purple rose just stated, once DH gets home everything is split 50/50, just the same as it was when we were both working outside of the house.  Its the only fair way IMO.    If all of the above is just part of parenting than I would feel like I was the primary parent and then I...
No.  Housing in all the major California metro areas is ridiculous.    I (basically) live in San Jose and I am obsessed with looking at housing.  The good news is that most of the area is family friendly and outside of downtown/east San Jose all the schools are pretty good.   So housing...A fixer in a sketchy neighborhood will run you about $350K.  Most places in the heart of Silicon Valley are 600K and up ,  Check out Redfin.com to see what is out there right now.   The...
Maybe because often what is accomplished during the day of a SAHM involves much more than just 'parenting'; like housework, shopping, cooking, watering stuff...whatever.     
So you don't think that wearing the first outfit would work?  I think I'll be less likely to roast in a sweater set as the sweater has 3/4 length arms (thus covering my tattoo).  I just don't know how formal they are expecting me to be.  I have never worn a suit to a job interview before because at all the places I have worked it would have been seen as overkill...but for this school I am unsure.  
Ok, (deep breath) I have a job interview tomorrow at a place I think I would very much like to work.  It is for a teaching position at a rather swanky school in a big city.  I have currently narrowed my options to two outfits and I'd like to know what you think (because I tend towards suckage in this area).   Outfit #1:  Lightweight tan wool just-below-the-knee skirt with a black on black cotton/silk sweater set.  Nylons and dansko mary janes.    Outfit #2: ...