or Connect

Posts by Chamomile Girl

Unfortunately that leaves too much opportunity for LO to indulge in Tasty Poop Snacks/Toys.  Especially once potty training starts.
  Goodness no.  I'm talking about meat specifically actually.  If you served me up some pasta with meat sauce I would eat it because I don't know you (lol) but if you were family I would just have the garlic bread.    My DH was vegetarian for close to twenty years and now he only eats chicken, fish and turkey.  Why did he change his mind?  I have no idea.  But in his case you could be freaking Julia Child and if you set a beef or pork dish in front of him he will not...
No thank you.  If what is offered is something I do not eat I am not going to try it.  I've always been very upfront about what I eat and what I don't and so it makes me doubly crazy when people think that because they have you cornered you have to eat their stuff even if it has ingredients you don't ingest.   And to Laggie:  My family has the same issue with understanding food choices that you seem to.  They could never get their heads around a veggie diet, and now that...
  I'll bet its pretty rare for people (over like 3) to pee in the bath though.    
No, not just an IL thing.  My own family used to do this all this time when I was vegetarian.  It caused me major food stress.  The only thing that helped was that I married a guy who was also a vegetarian so we had a bit of a quorum going on.  I learned to always call ahead and made sure there would be at least one dish we could eat...and if not I brought one because I would rather get crap from people then starve .  And seriously, I was veg for 15 years but my family...
Seriously...why do we bother buying toys?   Just to echo PPs, its pretty much the same as with circ boys with possibly more dripping.  
(fingers crossed)
My hair takes like three hours to air dry so I hate getting it wet.  Plus the water here is awful and makes me soooo itchy (especially my scalp!).  So I shower once or twice a week.   Actually truth be told I just don't like to get wet.  Especially when its cold (which is any day its under 80 in this house).
Ok, but I have to ask...Is it not ok that people might not be excited about the fact you have to have c-sections?  I think that is what it comes down to for me.  Posters come here to celebrate natural birth, so that is what they do.  Natural birth is celebrated as something discrete from the birth of the baby if that makes sense.  When we have babies by c-section the birth of the baby is obviously still something to be celebrated, but is it appropriate to also then...
Most of this was discussed in huge depth in the recent thread about c-sections that I am too lazy to go find right now.  I think that the final word there was that working towards educating people about birth and strongly advocating for natural non-medicalized birthing options is beneficial to all women.  Criticizing an individual woman's birth experience benefits nobody.   I think what Kemp's Mama posted upthread shows that she is a compassionate woman, not that she is...