or Connect

Posts by Chamomile Girl

Quote: Originally Posted by mamaofthree ok so here is a question for all the ewww people... do you wash all your stuff, your kids stuff and then leave your dh's clothes in a pile? do you make your food, food for the kids and then just leave him to make his own dinner? i just don't see that as doing more work to actually throw in clothing into a load i am already doing, or to make one more plate of food. i know when dh is doing the wash or making lunch he...
I totally agree with the taking care of husband=ew. He is a grown man and does not need someone in the home specifically to cater to his needs. DS is young and can't even change his own clothes, so obviously does need to be taken care of. Can't conflate the two! Once DS does not need fulltime care I'm going to be taking care of myself by picking up my rewarding and fulfilling career. I.don't.like.staying at home. Bleah.
And that is why standardized tests are ! Seriously, I hate them. Reminds me of when I too the CSET test (teaching subject test for history). It had an essay question on the Black Death which was great because I have a freaking master's degree and my emphasis is medieval plagues, death and dying. So I answered their crappily worded question (the premise of the question was dubious at best) and they gave me a three out of five. Probably because I pointed out the...
Oh gosh no! I was just checking actually to see if anyone posted. After 4:30 on weekdays is fine for me. Weekends it depends on what's up. I'm up in Sonoma County lots of weekends because my mom won't drive down to see me . Let's set a day. I'm wide open (read: no life) except for maybe Friday if I go back to the Foster City meetup (are you going to come too Ami?).
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie I tend to assume most teachers are in education because they like kids and not because they're going out of their way to beat them down. I wish that were the case. This has not been my experience though...many teachers I know went into education because they wanted a job, or didn't know what else to do with their degree. OP what I am most disturbed by is the fact your daughter is doing all those...
Look, as a teacher I've gotta say that when a student answers a question based upon an incorrect interpretation of the instructions it is because it was a crappily written assignment 9 out of 10 times. I think that the way your daughter answered it makes perfect sense. A good teacher will not use an opportunity like this to shame a student or tell them they are wrong...but to see what the child knows when the instructions are made more clear. So I think the teacher...
My kid speaks less than ten words (more like five) but he has the frustration noise I make down pat. And he uses it all the time (just like me )!
Will MDC content still show up in Google searches? I find that...creepy.
Ooooh...that looks great! If you're going to be knocking them out any chance we'll see them in a future MDC craft swap ?
I also really like Everett Alverez Jr. park too. Its off of Winchester kind of over by Valley Fair. They have a toddler and a kids structure right next to one another, and lots of good shade seating. Plus I have never found broken glass in the sand there like at the park closer to my house . I could certainly meet at Valley Fair...heck the play area is right by Starbucks . We could meet at the library too. There also is a cool children's section at the Rose Garden...