or Connect

Posts by tofumama

I owned a pit/mix from a shelter and though ours was a pleasant experience I just stated , many pages ago, that I wouldn't do it again because you just never know. That being said *I* was bitten by a pit whose owner had her on a leash (but ahd NO clue how to handle her) I, as a rule, never make eye contact with dogs when I am out running or walking. This case was no different. I passed calmly by this dog, giving her plenty of space and when I was just about past her she...
Our pit never went after our cats, or other dogs for that matter. He loved other dogs, and liked to play. The cats have always ruled in our house. Well, until now...we have a shephard/greyhound cross that likes to put her mouth on the cat's head, lol
: because my Dr. has been trying to figure out what autoimmune 'thing' is going on with my kids and I for a year. I also have thyroiditis, though I am not taking any Rx, I just take kelp. DOn't know if its working but I was feeling fed up...
Just my .02... Any dog can be a bad choice from a shelter...you just never know. Regardless of how much info the shelter people 'try' to get, people lie all the time and you don't really know how the animal may have been treated. You don't want to find out after you get home that your new dog doesn't like men, brooms, leashes, etc (this happened to me and it was very scarey to watch a dog I did not know much about try to go after my roommates/boyfriend) To answer...
We have an insane amount of legos here...and I stuggled with the fact they are plastic too. However, they are extremely open-ended! My son plays with them for HOURS and creates all sorts of things! He made a Police car and station all on his own this morning (funny you should mention that!) We started with the big bin of just random legos. Then we went for more specific kits, though it is REALLY hard to find lego sets that are not influenced by some 'character' or movie....
I have 2 separate situations to share. My ds JUST recently started to gain weight after almost 2 yrs with no wt. gain. The reason? Food allergies/sensitivities. He was a pretty sick little guy. He was exclusively bf for close to a year but was sick, not gaining etc. Dr. finally had him tested and lo and behold he was reacting to foods through my milk! With my dd, she was tiny also, sick alot and they dx her with reflux except the med wasn't working. Come to find out she...
Aw, heck. I think I am majorly guilty. I get stuff *I* think is cool/fun/good deal at the thrift store and put it up in the kids learning room and if they use it great, if not well... Eh, live and unlearn!
I think one either loves or does not love Cadbury eggs...I am of the 'does not love' party...the goo inside just makes me...twitchy. Blech. I'm a Reeces egg girl myself...or Peeps...speaking of which...
YIKES! We used to eat Quorn, but stopped b/c of the corn in them...but we all have MAJOR mold allergies, Fusarium being one of them! I just tried it a couple times, the 'crumbles' as an alternative to 'veggie crumbles'. I liked Quorn, it had a nice texture...but I will not be eating it anymore!
My dh is 50 and I am 36. He has a 21yo son from a previous relationship who is not in our lives (not our choice) He is a wonderful father and also looks very young! He just went for a haircut and I joked I would have to start wearing pigtails to keep up with his 'young-ness' : I do think about the future, and the fact there is a very good chance we will not 'grow old together' but I knew that going into the marriage and before we had children and thought 'better to...