or Connect

Posts by tofumama

I did not suplement with formula with any of my kids. Nor did I give them dairy milk.
My kids did. No cups, sippy, pacifier, spoon feeding etc, etc for the 2 that clw before 2yo. Incidentally, I did feed my first son with a spoon, earlier than the other 2 (maybe 6-8mo?) and did not co-sleep consistantly, and he is the one *I* 'weaned' at 18ish months. He probably would have been the one who would have nursed forever. Again, every child is different. Not saying that is always the case with early wean-ers but I bring this up because that is what happened...
I agree. I was not going to tell my children no, you cannot have *insert safe solid food here* and you MUST take bm...I get nursing strike and to keep offering, as that is what I did. But what is one supposed to do? Not allow their child in the kitchen when the rest of the family is eating? Not possible for me as my children were/are child-led-grazers. I couldn't keep dd and then ds away from all things eating/food. I guess I just would hate for a situation to occur...
Just out of curiosity...why is it wrong that her son is only nursing a couple times a day? My dd was SO done with nursing at about 12mo. She wanted nothing to do with it once she could self feed other foods. I gave her bm in a cup for a while then got pg. with my 3rd and that was it. Isn't that what CLW is all about? Taking cues from your child? Some kids WILL nurse forever, some don't. When you are offering the breast constantly when the child does not want it...who are...
: I am not 'allowed' to wear anything remotely jumper-esque as my dh's ex wore a jumper every day (as a teacher) They aren't really my style, though I am fond of long dresses...with pants underneath,
My mother was so bad my bro and I have the exact same initials- JLH (unmarried) Oy. My kids only share a last initial. Their names don't rhyme, match, etc.
Squee! subbing...:
Quote: Originally Posted by Miss 1928 She may be my baby, but her ears are not mine. It's not up to me to decide if she wants holes in them. BUT, I really, really would like to give her an anchor tattoo on her adorable chubby little bicep. Or maybe a little pin-up girl. I don't know, there is just something about DD's bicep that makes me want to have it tattooed. laughup
I am loving this and find it very exciting...for once my kids get older, lol. But what about younger kids? I mean, I want my kids to learn the basics so the CAN explore other interests on their own. If they can't read/write for example, how can they do any research on things that interest them? I was so impressed by the Sudbury Valley school idea...until I got there. I loved the 'theory' that my kids would gravitate towards learning something...but I guess my issue is...
No.Freaking.Way. I love all things nature, and am really against killing anything. But when you are on my 'turf' I cannot be responsible for what takes place. I would be moving as far and fast as possible. We have a ladybug 'infestation' but I don't mind those. Those Springbugs? :shudders: no thanks. DOn't blame you one bit, mama. I am surprised that NO one has been able to get rid of them? Are they coming in from the lawn/yard? Not that you want to treat your whole...