or Connect

Posts by mamakah

Ok, thank you! I was under the impression that it was difficult to get a religious exemption. Phew!
Hi all, Just a quick update: IUD was removed 3 weeks ago. Since then I've noticed: Stomach bloat is GONE. Sex drive up, up, up ( to be fair, this actually started before IUD removal) Period is due next week and I'm not spotting brown discharge! ( normally this would have started now) PMS is here, but I feel like its me experiencing it, instead of Medusa taking over my body. It's not debiliting and I don't feel depressed like usual. Maybe it's just the placebo...
I just discovered there's no philosophical exemption in OR? We're an atheist family who have been relying on our philosophical exemption. I'm not sure we could get a religious one. What do non vaxers in Oregon do if they want to send kids to school? Thanks!
We love chicken enchiladas! I buy a rotisserie chicken ($5 usually) and come home and pull the meat off of it. Chop a yellow onion and sautée in olive oil until browned. Throw in chicken (as much as you want...the more you throw in, the more filling you'll have...I freeze leftover filling), 2 cans refried beans, a can of diced green chiles, and salsa if you have it. Add seasonings like cumin, chili powder, etc. Let cook on medium until chicken looks shredded. Scoop about...
Hi all I got my paraguard removed yesterday after having it for four years. Since I had it inserted 6 weeks after my son's birth, I assumed everything I've been going through was just "the way I am now". I've had most of the symptoms everyone else has had: horrible, horrible PMS, alcohol intolerance (I vomit almost every time I have even one drink), swelling of the belly, anxiety, heart palpitations, 10+ days of spotting and bleeding a month, NO LIBIDO, hair loss,...
I'm in anatomy right now and will be taking a physiology course next semester so I can only speak for anatomy at the moment. I don't feel like my past science classes have helped me much in anatomy.  When studying histology it's good to know about cells but that's really it. We've briefly talked about mitosis and meiosis during our lecture on reproduction. Physiology will probably be a different story since it focuses more on processes (Citric Acid Cycle, etc) rather...
Non (soon to be selective) vaxer here. I've got to say, I'm really tired of the articles from places like Mercola's website, Natural News, etc. that are posted by non vaxers as evidence.  Honestly, we don't need these, there are actual studies that are valid that we could be discussing here.  I NEVER read ANYTHING from Mercola or Natural News because imo, they are soooo deep in their conspiracy theories that they get a little extreme. They also constantly...
I just can't wrap my head around vaccinating against bacterial infections. 
Great links. Thanks!
What specific constitutional right is lost? There is no government mandate here. If we were talking about the TX Rick Perry debacle, then we could talk about parents losing rights, but that's not what's happening in CA. A pharmaceutical company is behind it, I realize this. But good luck finding anything health related that they aren't behind. My point is, I think it's a step forward (as a No vax, Planned Parenthood supporting, pro choice, reproductive rights supporter)...