or Connect

Posts by mamakah

We don't vax, but this doesn't bother me because I know what the drive behind it is.  I'm a big women's rights and Planned Parenthood supporter, and I think this bill is actually a step towards giving girls more control over their own bodies when they potentially become sexually active.  I grew up in a small town where parents just said, "Don't have sex...ever." to their kids and that was it.  Those kids ended up having sex at a young age and had absolutely no...
I'm having a craving for meatballs, but ALL recipes have breadcrumbs or oats in them.  Does anyone have a killer grain free meatball recipe?     Thanks in advance!
Non Vaxer (soon to be selective vaxer) here. I'm very liberal and very Atheist.  In my area however it's only the extremely conservative and religious that don't vaccinate.  All my liberal friends vaccinate on schedule.
I just exposed my 3 yr old to chicken pox 12 days ago. Technically we're still in the incubation period, so I don't know if he "caught" it.  If it doesn't happen for us this time, then I'm hoping we'll come across it again someday.    ETA: Chickenpox parties were very common when I was a kid and there was no vaccine.  My mom exposed me when a friend's child had it.  I remember waking up one morning, my mom looked at me and (with a big smile) said, "You have chicken...
Have you even read about eating primal/paleo?  Many primal/paleo eaters do intermittent fasting. There is also a lot of talk amongst the community about how to cook meats so they are closest to how our primal ancestor would have cooked/ate it. Some even eat raw meat.  By eating primal, you learn to make use of all the animal. Primal/paleo eaters are keen on eating tongue, brain, organ meats, and broth made from the bones of the animal. Eating primal/paleo also means...
OP- I could have written your post word for word a few months ago.  My DS (just over 3) was the exact same way, he would cry and ask for a diaper.  So, I put diapers back on him because I wanted him to look at potty training as fun and he obviously wasn't ready to leave his comfort zone in diapers.  Then, we started saying, "Ok, we are only going to put on diapers at night but during the day you'll wear underpants!" He was somewhat ok with it and would pee in the toilet...
I second the suggestion that 6pm is too early for bed. Our three year old goes to bed sometime around 8 every night. This is with a 2.5 hour nap during the day from about 12:30-3. He also wakes up around 6:30 every morning.  If we were to skip a nap and put him to bed at six, he would definitely be up around 11, we've been through it a few times when he fell asleep early because of no nap.  Even moving bedtime to 7:30-8 changes things. But, if he falls asleep at 6, he...
me too. My husband works a normal 9-5 schedule so I have to make my school schedule work around his so we don't have to pay for childcare. I go to class in the morning and evenings, before and after he works.  I asked this question about a year ago when I was starting school and was worried about study time. I got some great responses. Some suggestions that work for me: 1. Go to bed early and wake up early to do homework while the kid(s) are sleeping.  I do most of my...
Wow. Our mother's really are the same.  My mother does what my sister and I call "The zing" where she takes something we confided in her once in a moment where we felt we could trust her, and later "zings" us with it in one sentence. It's guaranteed that she will use anything we say in the past against us at some point.   I also feel like I want a relationship with my mom, and just like with your mom, as long as I play along and act like everything is fine, then things...
Thank you for the great replies and book suggestions. Ravenlunatic- you asked, "You're original question is, is your mother's behavior emotional abuse?  I think that is rhetorical in this situation.  What does it matter if it is 'emotional abuse' or not.  Do you mean is it intentional?  Does your mother 'know' what she is doing?  Are you looking to blame her so you are off the hook in some way?"   It's a good question and I was actually hesitant to even write that...