or Connect

Posts by mamakah

If "there is no such thing" as being immune to chicken pox, then what would the vaccine have to offer?       
The last two batches of water kefir I've made have had a smell and after taste.  At first I thought it was because I didn't fully wash the jar in which I kept raw milk to make whey.  It has that soured milk smell and flavor.  My grains don't smell, but once it's fermented it's really strong. Anyone know what could have happened? Are my grains ruined?
Thanks!!
Hi all! I didn't have time to read through all the posts, so hopefully this isn't a repeat question:   Can I have some book/website recommendations on Paleo/Primal/Grain free? I'm interested, but don't know much about it. Thanks!
1. Ingredients- from a biochemical standpoint: Yikes!   2. The information we are given about vaccines and the diseases they are to prevent is often wrong. It troubles me that the medical community doesn't fully explore each vaccine and disease. For example: the drive to get all new parents vaccinated for pertussis EVEN THOUGH the studies on the pertussis vax clearly state that it does not give pertussis immunity, only lessens the severity of symptoms and that...
Exactly.  The rest of the world offers opposing views, which we all get our share of.  It's kind of hard NOT to know the opposing views to vax, cosleeping, UC, un-medicated birth, etc. MDC needs to be our sanctuary where we know we aren't alone. It's draining to have to defend our views here as well.  I'm not saying I don't want debate, in fact debate in the vax forum has been really helpful to me and I enjoy seeing both sides. However, when non vaxers are literally being...
Woah. that was IN NO WAY an attack on mods. AT all! I didn't say one negative thing about mods or the possibility of mods filtering new members...did I? I'm sorry you read it that way, but it was just that. You interpreted it from a defensive place. It was not attacking mods. In fact, if you read what I voted for, I voted for more moderation. I'm on your side here.   ETA: the poster claimed to have no problems posting until recently, so the logical explanation would be...
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the mods came up with a way of dealing with "trolls." I'm sure it's nothing personal, I bet they just decided to review new members' posts due to a lot of anti AP/NFL posters that seem to come in here strictly to cause problems.  I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure once they see that you have good intentions they won't do it anymore. Like I said, this is just a theory.    
So, your doctor is suggesting you ALL get vaxed?
I think it's time to begin re-researching each vax, this time through the eyes of a parent whose child has a health condition. I remember during my research I often read that complications with (X) disease were mainly in asthmatics, etc.  I wouldn't make any vax decisions until you have re-explored your options. I'm assuming your doctor is probably thinking flu, pertussis, and depending on you ds's age, hib or pneumococcal. I'm sure many other of the wise mamas here will...