or Connect

Posts by mamakah

Eeek! No, I'm not sure it is a spider bite. I just noticed it one day and assumed that's what it was. It's on his finger near his nail. Maybe I should post a pic in health and healing (or here) and get opinions on it.  *Off to google staph photos*    
 Springmum, in the article you posted the spider bite case has an * after it. Can you tell me what that indicates? DS has what I think is a spider bite that doesn't seem to be healing and I've been a bit concerned about it the last couple of days. The last time I read the CDC's Pink Book, it didn't mention insect bites as a "tetanus prone injury." I read such conflicting things about tetanus and insect bites.   Not trying to hijack the thread btw.
I was just lurking in another thread and read that MMR boosters are known to be highly reactive after puberty.  Can we have a discussion about this? That was the first I heard of it. Any info would be great! Thanks!
I don't have an answer to your question, just a story. When I was young it was right in the height of "low fat mania!!" and my mom was always very conservative with her use of butter when feeding us. I specifically remember sneaking into the kitchen when she was reading or busy with something, and cutting off thick tabs of butter to eat. I always had an intense craving for it.  It never went away either. My whole life I've secretly cut tabs of butter to eat, and I...
Is it necessary to be so condescending?  This used to be a respectful forum. We're all adults, can't we keep it respectful?  Do you want to be considered and respected as the voice of the "pro" vax side or do you only feel the need to put everyone down? As my grandmother used to say, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." I don't vax but I'm always interested in "the other side's" point of view, and honestly your posts are rarely considered by me because of...
I think most of us in our thirties are considered majorly undervaxed by today's standards. When I looked at the vax schedule when DS was born I thought, "What are all these shots for? CHICKEN POX???? WE VACCINATE FOR CHICKEN POX???" Technically those of us in our thirties or older are "selectively" vaxed.
I was under the impression that the argument was about whether or not guns were made for killing.  It seemed as if it was going back and forth between, "They are made for killing!" and "They can be recreational without killing!" I was making the point that in the long run, they are meant to kill.  I have no problems with hunting, like I said I'm from MT where many families rely on their venison meat during the winter.  All I was saying is that no matter how you use it, a...
I would agree with this if you (a general you, not you specifically) just went to a shooting range, rented a gun for an hour and fired off some rounds, then went home to your gun free home.  But it goes beyond that. In my experience, people don't buy guns for target practice. I'm from MT, where DH and I are a rare type to be anti gun.  Everyone I know who owns guns owns them for hunting, or self defense. Sure, they go to the shooting range for fun every other weekend, but...
We are pretty anti gun (real or toy) so we don't buy gun toys for DS.  I remember having play guns as a kid, but I feel that DS is growing in a different time than I did. When I was a kid, you never heard of school/mall/office shootings.  Gun violence wasn't such a big issue as it is today. We won't ever buy toy guns-or real for that matter-for DS BUT he is going to take gun safety classes. Why? Because we realize that there is a very good chance that he will come...
Right after DS was born I experienced something like this. I wasn't afraid of the same things you are, but I would be fine all day, then night would come and I would start panicking about the responsibility of being a mother, I would worry that my new baby was going to die of SIDS in the night so I would be afraid to put him down. I would start crying about my fears, etc. It went away probably within a month of his birth. I think it's just hormones/chemicals that take a...