or Connect

Posts by mamakah

"In an international airport, you have no clue who is bringing in what, and most respiratory viruses are shedding before the symptoms begin. Measles, especially, is extremely contagious. Some cases have been reported where the infection source was known to have been in and out of an area before the victim by as much as half an hour. The Tucson measles outbreak last year started when an unvaccinated Swiss woman became ill with measles a few days after her arrival and...
I have researched all the diseases and the only one that scares me is Polio. So when someone (like my mother) hints that Polio could be in the airport, the logical side of me knows that is not likely, but the side that still hears all those fear tactics from society gets a little scared. Drives me crazy because I am 100% commited to NOT vaccinating. My son is only 8 months so my research hasn't been as long as others (I never even thought about vaccines until I was...
My mother said this to me one day when I was taking my unvaxed son to international airport with me to pick up my sister. What do you tell Pro vaxers that say this? I can't think of a good argument, or don't have the facts to start spitting out... Thank you in advance. I have done a lot of research on the subject, but when this "people bringing it from other countries" argument is brought up, I'm somewhat stumped. Help! : mama to my water birth baby ::
My son is only 8 months old. Would you mind keeping me posted on what happens?
My only concern is that I do think individuals in society have a duty to do what we can to protect the society as a whole. For instance, if no one was vax against polio I think it would be devastating to the U.S. if the virus came here. I know a few older people who are crippled from polio as kids. My dad tells stories of friends of his who died from it. Obviously, most people would be fine, but some would be harmed. First I would like to say that I have...
I'm very sensitive. I have not and will not vax my son. I catch a lot of gruff for this from everyone. I have learned not to say it in casual conversation (not because I am ashamed, but because I'm sensitive to others confrontation and judgement even though I KNOW I am right.) When ever I feel the need for some support for my decisions, I come here, where there is always support for this choice. Then, I pull out all my books by dr.s and others that I trust and re read...
My girlfriend has started taking vitamin b6 for some minor depression she has been feeling. I want to do it also, because she claims that she actually feels better. I am breastfeeding and she is not. I have been unable to find any real answers online about whether or not it is safe for a lactating woman to take. Has anyone ever taken B6 while nursing? I don't have health insurance, so I don't have the luxury of asking a dr. Thank you! :
does he still want to nurse in the night? is he in his own room or yours?
Since the day my now 8 month old son was born he has slept in bed with husband and I. At first he slept through the night and I was saying "why did everyone tell me I would be so sleep deprived? I feel great!" ha ha. Not anymore! At about 4 months he started waking more for nighttime nursings. Now the minute I come to bed he wakes and is on me to nurse (but doesn't really even eat, just uses me as a pacifier). I have decided that our movements and smelling me all night...
I have used breastmilk in my sons eyes. I told my ped about it and she had heard about it, but warned me that it wasn't FDA approved (gag). These threads have me concerned about cps too. I never thought that cps would care to get involved in a non vax situation considering they deal with children who are being molested, abused, living in meth houses etc. And what is this about having to lie about breastfeeding? I've never heard this! stories please!::