or Connect

Posts by mamakah

I just had my first son in May. While I was pregnant I saw Jenny on Larry King. It sounds so dingy, but listening to her is what got me quesioning vaccines ( it wasn't a subject I had thought of yet, but would have come to eventually). I will read this book, I figure any kind of support is good. I agree with the other posters that said they think she is anti vax but just won't say it. I heard her say she wouldn't vaccinate another child and would take measles over autism...
I'm a new mom, and am finding it somewhat to tough to find support for my decisions in SLC. I have one friend who is great, but every other mother I meet looks at me like the radical looney toon for not circumcising (I have been told I'm 'mean' for not doing it), Not vaccinating (irresponsible) breastfeeding (thats too much commitment!), sharing the family bed ("he will be sleeping with you until he's grown"), and last but not least when I chose to have a natural...
I have decided not to vaccinate my 7 month old son. As of today he not received one single shot. He has a cold right now, and I have felt completely comfortable with it and confident that his body will work it out. That is until my mother (who is a bit concerned about him not being vaccinated) sent me an article from our local paper about an outbreak of Pertussis a few towns away. I feel really irritated with my mother about this. I have tried to pretty much tune out...
My breastfed 6 month old son has yet to receive a single vaccination. I would classify myself as against vaccinations for the most part. I live in Utah and have received a great deal of grief from people (some not even parents yet which is annoying). I have a great pediatrician who respects my feelings on vaccines. However, I realize that at some point I will most likely have to break down and get him the appropriate vaccines for school. I feel that the older he is, the...