or Connect

Posts by zomigi

This sounds much more extreme than what I've heard happens at most birth centers. I'm sorry you had this experience! I've never heard of any birth center or hospital letting visitors into your room without you explicitly asking/allowing people in, so I'm shocked they let people in without your permission. I would have to think this is very rare anomaly. If someone was really worried about this happening to herself, she could write it into her birth plan that she doesn't...
  I disagree. Here are some other advantages, in my opinion, to a birth center over your home: I don't live in my dream home, so being in its messy, imperfect space would be stressful to me during birthing. I would rather be in a neutral, impeccably clean, calmly decorated birthing room. No worry about making a mess in your house. They prep for your mess and clean it all up. Easier to be separated from your older kids if you want to be alone. Not everyone does, of...
Yeah, I think I just need to suck it up, kick DH out of our bedroom, and deal with all the night wakings by myself for a while. Not fair, but then he'll be in my debt and maybe I will get to complain more. :-)   DH is the SAHP, not me. I work full-time from home (but with set hours, just like an office job). I know his job is hard (I have been a SAHM in the past), but I personally think I have the harder end of the deal in our particular situation. Any breaks I get...
I just have to get this off my chest. My DH is driving me crazy with the complaining about the sleep. My baby is 8 months old and not a bad sleeper, just not a good one either. He wakes usually about 3-4 times a night, one of which will happen in the early morning hours where he'll just be wide awake and wanting to play. This one particularly drives DH crazy. I especially dislike this particular wakeup as well, and I have no idea how to deal with it. But I do. Yes, I...
Good idea about diaper changes, because he is sensitive about having a really wet diaper. So we started changing him once a night, at whatever random time he woke up and we remembered to do it, but unfortunately it hasn't changed the early morning wakeup.   Is it a bad idea to set him in his crib to look at this music and light thing that's attached to the side? Sometimes that occupies him for a bit, and then he will go back to sleep, but is that sending the message...
MamaHavoc, it sounds like you are describing my daughter! She's now 3 years old, but she had similar sleep habits to yours when a newborn, and at 3 months old she also suddenly became a much worse sleeper.   The main advice I can give is to immediately start working on making her associate other things with sleep than just nursing. For my DD, it was paci, rocking, having her back rubbed vigorously, and ocean waves sound. The we could remove them one by one. She still...
My DS is nearly 8 months. He wakes up for the day usually between 6 and 6:30 am. But he also routinely wakes up at 5 am. It used to be more like 3:30 or 4, but it's gradually migrated to 5. This is a horrible time, of course, since it's so close to the time we actually get up, so DH and I are trying to brainstorm ideas for how to deal with this waking, and hopefully encourage it to disappear. :-)   He doesn't want to eat at 5 am. He usually only eats once a night...
Thanks for all the info, Momo123!   Yes, she has a BM at least once a day. There's sometimes undigested food in her poop, but never mucus. She doesn't seem to have any other symptoms. She occasionally complains about her stomach hurting, but I think it's usually hunger. She had gas a lot as a baby and young toddler, which is why we did probiotics and lactose-free milk (and for a long time no milk at all, actually, just soy), but she doesn't tend to have gas any more....
Thanks! :-)
My DD will be 3 in December. She has always had unformed, disgusting mush for poop. (I will be more graphic in describing her poop if needed!) This is normal for babies and toddlers, of course, for quite a long time. Up until she was 2 her pediatrician wasn't concerned. But after 2 apparently this isn't normal. Right?   My DH and I would like to figure out what's causing her poop problems and hopefully fix it. Here's the background:   Parasites: We had her...