or Connect

Posts by penstamon

DS1 is 28 mo and a few weeks ago he decided he would use the potty and wear underwear.  He has done fantastic with only an accident here and there.  Most days he even stays dry for naps.  He has done great out and about, having no problem with public restrooms.  I have been totally amazed and thrilled and he knows how proud we are.   Two days ago some visiting relatives left and DS came down with a bad fever that night.  He wouldn't eat for almost 20 hours.  When he...
OP, our situation has become quite similar to yours unfortunately.  DS2, now just over 5 mo,  used to sleep from 7p-3 or 4, then up every 2 hrs until 6 or 7a.  Now he goes down at 7p but is up anywhere from 9-11 for the first time, then every 1-2 hours after.  Most nights he has a 2 hour wake up in the wee hours to practice skills or fuss.  Then he is up for the day between 5:30-6.  No one is getting enough sleep!  He takes 3-4 naps usually after 1.5 to 3 hours of wake...
I hate to say I am not as in love with it as I was at first- mostly because there really is no hairstyle that can stand up to not being washed or maintained for days ;)  But it does look nice when I put the effort into it and I am happy to have cut it.   Here is a Keira Knightly pic that is similar except my face is framed a bit more.
  Well, I originally thought that I would only take a semester off to be with DS1 but once I gave birth I realized just how ridiculous that was for us.  I was still working from home pt until DS2 was born and then I was cut.  I had felt comfortable enough to do pt woh and pt wah after DS1 was 18mo or so but that only lasted a semester and then along came DS2.  Staying home is not really a decision I felt like I made- it was made for me by my kids and the type of...
Oh, so frustrating!  Everyone has made great points.  What I always tell people is that there is no solid argument (for us) in favor of having a child and giving it over for someone else to raise.  The first years of a human's life are so formative and the intimate contact with a care provider (Dh or I or close friend/relative) is incredibly important.  I would rather live with a tight purse for many more years than only know my children in the early morning and...
I have a 5 mo who is going through a strong separation anxiety phase.  Since I am a SAHM to him and DS1, who is 2 yr, I am with them at all times.  I have NEVER left DS2 and due to the stress and craziness adapting to 2 kids, DH tends to always take DS1 and leave me with DS2 when we're together.  I need a break.  Badly.  DH agreed to let me take a weekly class where I would be gone 2 hours then move up to 2x a week.  Great, but DH can't be with DS2 for more than a few...
I am no newbie to sleep problems- DS1 was a once an hour or more waker for over 1.5 yrs so I have btdt.  BUT, DS1 was always a bad sleeper.  DS2 has been a great sleeper- can do 8+ hour stretches and was usually only waking 1-2x a night.  Since he turned 4 mo he started waking once a night to have a 2 hour giggle/talk fest.  Fair enough, it sucks but it will pass and he was sleeping OK the rest of the night.  Now for the last 4 nights he is up 4-6x a night screaming and...
I chopped my long hair into a trendy messy bob (so unlike me) and did a henna rinse.  Wow, made a difference!  I have also been wearing light makeup (also unlike me) and trying to wear clothes that give me shape and don't hide it.  Yes, that means I am often looking akin to a stuffed sausage but it helps me remember that I need to loose weight not hide it!   Love the dry shampoo idea.  I will be buying some today...
I would have blamed this on a milestone or something but it has been a full month of DS2 doing this. He is 4.5 months. Every night he is up starting anywhere from 1-4am and will stay up for about 2 hours giggling, rolling around, fussing, talking, etc. He still gets up early for the day around 6 or 7am and is totally exhausted for an hour or so until he passes out for a long morning nap. If the two hour thing is earlier in the night, he will still wake every two hours...
Oh mamas, have I btdt!  Both my boys were/are spitters and DS2 (4 mo) is the worst.  Down the cleavage, down the back, in my pockets- you name it.  It is miserable but like your LO's he doesn't have any other issues.  We went down the "why" road with DS1 so I am letting it go with DS2.  He did have 2 CST treatments but they only helped a little.  The worst part is that he can't resettle to sleep most nights after a feed until he pukes, but then he is fine.  He has spit...