or Connect

Posts by aeterna

Cleaned out one closet this weekend! =D   43 books 2 robes 1 candle holder 4 candles 1 candle warmer 1 Easter decoration 2 tea towels 2 teacups 2 plates 1 beat up doggie toy 3 pairs of pants 3 shirts 1 pair of lime green fishnet stockings (Halloween! lol) 2 coffee mugs 1 CD visor organizer 20 CDs 1 vase 1 glass elephant 1 mirror 1 scarf 3 bracelets 5 necklaces 2 pairs of earrings 1 beanie cap 1 pedometer 1 bluetooth headset 127 old files, desk accessories, trinkets,...
242 articles of NB-3mos baby clothing & blankets (good lord, that's only the newborn to 3 months bins...) ----- 242 + 916 ----- 1158 / 2012
Checking out those links, thank you! For whatever reason this thread wasn't showing up on my recent posts so I didn't even realize I was missing responses here! :lol   I NIP regularly and am comfortable doing so. I've never used a cover and don't intend to do so unless DS needs it to focus (think we might be getting to that, LOL... he's getting pretty distractible!). Maybe I'm just a sassyfras but my preference is to calmly respond, "Thank you, but your own policies...
Whew, it's been a while! So I hit it hard yesterday -    4 totally unnecessary tchotchkes 1 shower mirror 29 plastic lids without a matching container 6 plastic containers without a matching lid 1 vase 4 cups 2 oil drizzlers 1 set of baby spoons 14 pieces of cutlery that I hate and don't match anything 1 broken ornament 2 random tile samples that have been on top of my fridge for 4 years xD 412 magnets (seriously... I counted. My fridge is clean! =D ) 1 diaper bag 1...
You've probably been around it, just haven't noticed it! I try to be reasonably discreet, though I'm not super uptight about it, and I think most people just don't realize what's going on once I've got him latched. =)
Hi lactivist mamas, I'm planning a trip soon and have tickets booked on a Delta flight. Knowing they've had some issues before, I thought I'd be proactive and get a copy of their breastfeeding policy to bring with me, to share with any misinformed individual employees who might give me a hard time. For obvious reasons, I want this policy in writing. However, Delta is surprisingly hard to get ahold of! I could not find this policy on their site. I could not find a...
So far, the only person to say anything to me about NIP was a waiter who "awwww"d & proceeded to tell me about how his wife breastfed their four kids. It was my first time NIP... What a remarkable first experience. Great idea, OP. I like the idea of encouraging mamas whenever we have the opportunity. If I ever see it, I'll say something, too. =)
The best advice I took from these very boards while I was pregnant: Don't wait to get help.
That sound like vasospasms to me... though Reynaud's has the tri-color change, if you're not noticing a really distinct three color change (I googled some videos, it was crazy!) I'd guess it's probably vasospasms resulting from tissue trauma (like latch issues). Definitely correct the issue, if you can figure out what it is. For us.... We practiced good latching but honestly I think the thing that helped us most was him getting a little bigger. =/ In the meantime, take a...
I agree with PP - it sounds like your son was just ready to be independent early on. Congrats on listening to him, remaining open to offering, and respecting his decision to self-wean. You can't ask for any more than that, mama. =)