or Connect

Posts by robin4kids

Wow self respect. I have to work on that. I have to admit that as soon as I left the relationship I felt a huge relief. Like I was finally free. I am not happy every day. Right now it is only about 50% of the time. I am experiencing what my friend calls the divorce diet. I don't diet, but I have lost weight. I am trying to do things for ME. I am jogging again. I am also loosing a lot of hair. I was told that is also a symptom of a separation.   I know it is probably...
I have only been separated for a few months, but I know our relationship is over. He cheated on me many times, over many years. We had other problems as well. Communication, money...i am feeling so guilty. We have 5 beautiful children together and it seems like wh is finally trying to put in the effort to fix his problems. He says he wants me back and seems like he does. The problem is I do not want to try again. I found out about his affairs 3 years ago when I got a...
I have a tendency to react too strongly about things sometimes. I admit it! Yesterday i picked my dd up from school. This is a new school for her. She is 11 and is trying to find her place in the school. She was holding her hand funny and right away said that during gym they were playing football and she injured her finger. The finger was on her right hand and it was swollen and black and blue. I was so shocked. I asked her if she saw the nurse and she said yes, twice....
Last year we moved to the country and started raising pigs. It has been a wonderful learning experience. We now want to expand to 1 or 2 meat cows. We have a lot of land, but not a lot of inside space as of now. We live in NY so we have all the seasons. I am wondering how long it takes to grow out the cow. Do you have to grow it out to over 100lbs or can you decide to butcher at 450-500lbs. How many months does it take to grow out a cow? I know it would not be saving...
I am sooo with you on this one. It is very hard to decide what to buy organic and what to turn a blind -eye to and just get it because you need it and it is cheap.   One very extreme thing we have done is move to the country. ALL of our friends and family thought we were CRAZY when we rented out our city home and rented a broken down farm house on 40 acres of land. Now a year later we are broke, but LOVE the new life style. We have free range chickens, so all our...
So long story short, last Aug we rented out our city home and moved to the country. I used to have my own daycare, but in the country there are not many people in need of care. I have only found 1 child, 2 days a week. Not much income:( So for a while my dad was loaning us money to help us get by, but he has stopped doing that and I have NOT been able to find any work. I have applied to over 20 jobs and have gotten nothing. We are planning on returning to the city at the...
I will try to post pictures soon. We got 2 piglets about a week ago. They are cute and smart. They are in a barn that is connected to our house, till we can figure out what kind of house we want for them during the summer. I am thinking they are going to VERY smelly once the weather gets warm.lols My dh bought 4 pig panels and made a temporary outdoor pen for them. They are so funny, though. They oink at me from in the pen and want to be let out, to roam our property. We...
Did anyone watch the new TLC show named "Extreme Couponing" or something like that? I am in awe and wonder. i knew that this was possible, but have never seen it done that extreme.   I know it is a FULL time job and I want IN!!! I do not want to go back to work outside my home. If I can get most of our food for less than $100 a week then I would be golden.   Here are some questions to ponder. 1. None of the stores near me double $1 coupons. Do these people have...
Oh I am so inspired. We recently moved to the country and although it is not as basic as some it is not an easy life. We were told that we had free heat from a gas well, but the well does not produce enough gas, every few days we would go from 68 to 50 or less. We have a wood stove, but we moved in Sept. and did not have enough time to get our own wood. We were so poor we could not afford to buy much pre-cut wood. The water is from a well and it is NOT drinkable. The...
Oh good I was thinking PIG too, but then my husband mentioned a sheep. Yes i would love the wool, but after seeing the sheep at the auction I was not excited about it. The sheep was huge and uncooperative. I am not saying the pig was much better, but it was smaller.