or Connect

Posts by gozal

Hi guys! Can someone please tell me where the time is going? I had planned (haha, I know) for these last weeks to be quiet ones, but nope. I am running from appointment to appointment and revising my academic stuff down to the wire, now that DS is in kindergarten (sniff, still missing him terribly every day). I have been thinking of you all!   Sila, still holding you in my thoughts and hoping to see you back here soon.   Hope, blueyezz - thank you for reminding...
Sila...there are no words. I don't know why life can be so awful. I am so very sorry and keeping you in my thoughts.
Sila - sending myriads of fiercely positive thoughts your way and holding you and the little one in my prayers.
Oh no QM, I am sorry to hear that! Maybe it's a good sign though that they keep moving - they really could keep doing it until closer to labor. Fingers crossed! (And yeah, seriously about the bladder kicking...mine too.)    So I was really starting to get resigned...I really thought at 36 baby A would flip, and here it was, the eve of my 36w scan, and the babes hadn't budged in a month and a half. Well, guess what? Both TRANSVERSE. What the what? I am now convinced...
Eek, I am way behind on the thread. First of all, Xerxella, if you're reading...I am so very sorry, and keeping you in my thoughts.   QM, no advice but I hope someone else has some for us. Trying to remember when exactly I hit that wall - I think it was the same, 30-32w or so. I have gotten lucky with my patient 5yo and do spend a lot of time lying down on one side or the other. It is just so painful to sit up for more than 1/2 hr. Well, not painful exactly, but...
Monkey, thank you for sharing your birth story! Wow. What a great job you did. Don't feel like you have to feel any certain way about the newborn period. It really has to be experienced before you can process it, I think. And it's definitely not indicative of how motherhood will end up being on a day-to-day basis, at least not for me. 'Cause it is super intense physically, mostly, I think. I love your chosen moniker - "gozal" means baby bird, that is what my mom called...
So A is still breech (frank breech). I keep being told no way will he turn. I keep not listening. The #1 thing that keeps going through my mind is that I simply cannot imagine not holding my babies when they are born. I just can't. I start to cry thinking about being strapped to a table and not able to have them on me.    kristenly, first of all wow your blog! So happy to have found it! Your boys' birth story is exhilerating and also so difficult because of all that...
Milk, just as your saw your happy news, you checked in with the bleeding and I was waiting on congratulations because, well, I have been there and the not-knowing is awful and what to say? What can be said? And now, seriously, after all THAT, what really is to be said? Wish I could say I can't believe your RE made such a whopper of a misdiagnosis, but I totally can. Some doctors are overconfident about certain benchmarks and that's it for them. Still, I am dumbstruck at...
QM, that is awesome news!! I am so happy to hear it. Now you can go a-walkin' hoping that little head nestles into your pelvis! I agree, I really believe my babe knows what he is doing and is just waiting until closer to labor. He is still floating on the one hand, but has been breech for a long time, on the other. I keep saying that he doesn't want everyone sitting on his head until closer to birth day. Makes sense, right? I should have more news tomorrow...
SunnyPerch, I don't think it's you, FWIW. And I do understand what you're saying about keeping these things private. Someone can be an amazing, wonderful soul and still behave badly at times - we're human after all. But it can color people's perceptions for a long time when you confide in them about it. That being said, I think your DH's behavior is all-around inappropriate for the partner of a woman at the end of her pregnancy. And while not (being able to) have sex can...