or Connect

Posts by gozal

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your sensitivity! Are we an awesome community or what? Jenica, I am not sure I will get to that email today but I promise I will over the weekend - lots to say!
Jenica, I would be happy to continue our discussion by email you but please delete my real name right away - I am very private about sharing info online, that is why I put it in the PM. Thanks! 
Right back at ya, QM! Good for you for sticking to those inversions! I have to admit, I tried a few times but they make me feel so awful (I can't breathe and end up with a coughing fit) that I have not been keeping up with them. Spinning Babies does warn about that at this stage, but I am still frustarted as it seems like something constructive I can do myself, at home, without much effort, you know? I am really interested in trying either/both moxa and Webster and am...
Jenica - I just PM'ed you, but let me know if it doesn't arrive and I'll email you directly!
In fairness to the school coordinator I cited, she wasn't trying to say that 80k constituted "needy"; she was saying that the lowest-earning families at the school, those that qualified for the max tuition reduction, made that amount. So really I was shocked that an amount that seems like so much to me could be the lowest side of the spectrum for that school population (FWIW this was a religious preschool, not a ritzy private prep school feeder).   Iowa, I don't have...
Thank you, wise women! Good stuff here as always, and so encouraging to me. Luckily my OB wasn't asking me to schedule the section until 39w, so definitely a big yes to waiting to see if time and perhaps even early labor will do the trick. I'd push for as late as possible (assuming reassuring signs) if that is the scenario and I think my doctors would be fine with that. I've never been to a chiropractor before, but I am absolutely going to look into it. I wasn't sure if...
I'm trying to manage expectations and keep being optimistic that Baby A will turn. I know 32w is early still. However, yesterday my scan/appt included the phrase "we'll schedule your c-section for..." and I am deeply unhappy about that. My practice is definitely not knife-happy, and will deliver a breech B. However, they absolutely will not do a breech A, citing chin locking. From what I'm reading, that is a fictive risk for di-di twins, but I do not feel confident...
I hear you guys, this is exactly what I resent about all that so-called safety propoganda - I really thinks we mamas have a good instinct about what is safe and not. Not that I don't appreciate valid safety info, of course - I'm thinking more of the "taking your baby to bed is a death sentence" stance of many mainstream pediatric organizations in the US. I know many don't feel safe sleeping with a small baby as I did - in fact, I planned on co-sleeping but first on using...
Wait, Adaline'sMama, you are not saying surprise trips, right?! In any case, congratulations on your healthy, wonderful girls!   Sekenamoon, welcome! I remember you from somewhere - ttc One Thread maybe? Congratulations on your twins! I'm surprised they didn't tell you at the 10w u/s at least a tentative diagnosis about chorionicity. I was told at barely 6w, but then again mine implanted one oppsite sides of the ute so it was clear as day. I bet you could call back...
Monkey, I'm melting!! He is way, way too cute. Look at those cheeks! That is a baby monkey I spotted on his shirt, right? Don't even worry about posting right now, just enjoy your new family of three. (But remind yourself and DH that mommy also needs to recover for l&d and it might be a little uneven in the bouncing department right now - something I leared the hard way with DS. We'll see if I learn to take my own advice...)