or Connect

Posts by gozal

Welcome baby pirate!!! Congratulations Monkey! I cannot wait to hear about it, of course! 
Avidly reading along...daydreaming about a tablet...   Can I hijack and ask a recliner question? I have heard this from other twin moms, but I can't figure out how it works. We've coslept with DS since he was a newborn so it's not that I'm squeamish about tossing aside scare propoganda about that stuff, but I can't figure how it would be safe to sleep with two newborns in a recliner. Not saying that it isn't - just that I can't figure it out for myself. (BTW, I'm...
Monkey!!! So exciting! I couldn't have said it better than our Wissa. Sending out tons of good thoughts and prayers to you!
So, so happy to hear your good news! Just wonderful! 
Monkey, I am at the checking-in-obsessively phase with you! I can relate to your patience - one my due date with DS, who arrived just shy of 41w after eviction, my OB called me the happiest pg lady he'd ever seen. At that point I did feel ready - I wasn't quite as wise as you are! yes, those first days (okay months) are super intense - but I was mostly content to stay pg until DS was ready. Everyone is right, you know. Baby boy is going to show up on the day you have...
Hey Witty, thanks for breathing new life into this thread - I have been meaning to do that for ages! Sounds like we have a lot in common. We are also in the tri-state/NYC metro area (in the 'burbs though) and I feel like this area has its particular challenges WRT cost of living. We were living in a crappy part of Brooklyn and then finally caved and moved out of town. Sometimes I wonder if we should have moved to LI but we have family here in the turnpike state. Similar...
lilysmom, assuming you are in the US and you have a health insurance carrier that requires referrals, I would do the following: call the MFM's office and ask to speak to the person who handles insurance and see if they can advise; if they can't help, call the insurance company and ask how to appeal the decision (state that your twins share a placenta). My health insurance offers case management for women carrying twins (a RN who is assigned to follow you during your pg)...
Now I love you all a little more for nerding out with me. :) I truly don't care whether my little guys are identical or not, but I'm still so curious!   ifnotnowwhen, congratulations on your boys! Welcome to the club. (Psst, Adaline's Mama, somehow I missed your awesome intro post. It is, for the record, awesome.)   adorkable, count me as another CDer who agrees with you. I know, that sounds weird. The deal is, with DS I decided I wnated to give CDs a try for...
rblakley, I think each practice handles ultrasounds for twins a little differently, but I can tell you what mine does - my twins are di-di and after the first tri, I had one screening (NT) scan at right around 12 weeks at a hospital, then a growth scan once a month starting at 16w. (So really once a month from the 2nd tri.) I also had a cervical length scan once every 2 weeks from 16w-28w. On the cervical length ultrasounds that didn't coincide with a growth scan, I...
Our situation is that we're having twins, AND DS is not ready to sleep on his own all night and we are not ready to ask him to, so he will be joining us at some point during the night. We have a king so space is not an issue so much as safety. If I was having a singleton I'd feel very comfortable co-sleeping in our family bed with the baby on my arm, but with two newborns, I'm not.    We were planning to sidecar a crib but after reading more about how to do it, I am...