or Connect

Posts by gozal

sillymom, I hear you. It also hurts me to think that these two boys that I already love so deeply, and are, thank G-d, healthy, could be a negative for anyone. I have not gotten any rude comments after we leared we are having twin boys, but beforehand so many people told me they hoped for at least one girl "for us," that somehow I felt pressured and the whole experience of finding out felt less joyful for it. Honestly I am very frustrated, sad, and angry about that....
Oh, I meant to add, at the very mainstream hospital where I gave birth they actually do not give HepB to newborns at all. As DH went off with our newborn for the first physical, I actually yelled after him "Don't forget, NO HepB!!!" and they told me, don't worry, we don't do it anyway. I don't know about the VitK and antiobiotic ointment because we wanted them. Despite its mainstream-ness the hospital was also super respectful of the baby's first hour on my chest,...
Sorry I took so long to get back to you! It has been way too busy around here...     No, nothing like that...they cannot ask you about your religion, you do not mention it explicitly in the letter, and they cannot question the sincerity of your beliefs.        I don't think they would question you - you could always say that your beliefs have changed (since you gave the first dose). You may have to alter the wording slightly, maybe just add a "presently" in the phrase "X,...
Renavoo, I am getting so excited for you, it's a little out of control. :) Also, I am really, really glad you are finally working from home because wow, you have been such a trooper and you deserve it. Hopefully the leg swelling is down and you get to have a truly relaxing weekend. It really is kind of icky now that I think about it, but yep, the lanolin nipple cream is totally fine for the babies. DS never cared in the least, as long as he had his milky. The cream will...
Thank so much to everyone for sharing their experience and research, they are really helpful to me! I promise I will look into the studies I mentioned. I'm going to be offline for a few days but hopefully I'll be back with some more links/info. Can I just say how wonderful it is to share information and ideas with women who are honest, smart, respectful, open-minded, and kind? Um, and impressive, hello marathon-running mamas! The only kind of running I do is after my...
Our resources are limited, so we were very grateful and touched when family & friends helped us get most of what we needed for the baby. We didn't plan it that way, and we also didn't register for many things. Honestly, most of what we registered for were big-ticket items, and not so much for gift-giving purchases, but to keep a list for ourselves for after the baby was born. We don't buy anything for the baby until then, or have baby showers. Where I'm from you do...
Last time I had a pocket sling for the infant stage that I didn't like, then an Ergo for later which is wonderful. Any advice about the Moby vs. Boba (formerly Sleepy) Wrap? I need a wrap this time, for the twins. I think we'll also get a second Ergo-type, probably a Beco to try it out.
I had the same impulse with #1, why use plastic at all if you're bothering to do cloth? Ultimately, though, I went with fitteds and PUL covers, because I simply could not afford enough wool covers. I do knit, but in my cultural background, we don't prepare for the baby until the baby is born healthy. And I was not about to try to knit covers after giving birth, and then figure out how to lanolize them. To be honest, I had trouble enough finding the right covers for my...
I'm not in the same situation - my twins are di/di - but I also concerned about ending up with a induction, because I was induced last time at 41 weeks for low AFI. I still don't know how I feel about that decision. I did end up having a vaginal birth and an overall positive birth experience, and my son did have some signs of postmaturity (my pg was dated by early u/s, not LMP), but I strongly question whether it was necessary. My OB practice won't induce by a certain...
I think it depends on your own internal thermostat, my whole third trimester with DS was June-July-August and it didn't bother me at all. But I am always cold! I suffer during winter instead. I probably did turn on the AC slightly more often while pg (we barely use it - we have ceiling fans). I always carry water with me while preganant, so no change there. I do not use much sunblock on myself or DS (I don't use the chemical kind, and the physical barrier kind is $$$ and...